Chapter 21

Anyways here's chapter 21. I hope it's you like it. Also, I know nothing about how medicines are made or how long it takes so please don't come at me-

Italics and bold= Memories

Italics= in the mind

~~~

Y/n was gently placed back on his bed, his room was separate from the other boys. Shinobu checked his injuries, changing the bloodied bandages.

'Why does Kibutsuji want you as a demon..?'

"HecametoourhouseandIcuthisfingeroff!"

Shinobu tried to slow down the boy's words to understand what he said. Her face scrunched up in confusion, she was smart, yes but the child spoke way to fast.

"That's..! That's why Nezuko's a demon! It's my fault!"

'So he blames himself.. But what could he have possibly done for Muzan to turn his sister into a demon.?'

Y/n began to stir, gripping onto whatever the closest thing was, which happened to be Shinobu's hand. His face contorted into a one filled with pain.

Shinobu's eyes widened. What was she supposed to do? "Shh...Shh..." She tried to calm him but it didn't seem to work.

After a few seconds y/n began to calm down, relieving Shinobu. It was only then did she realize how rough the child's hands were.

'What did he do to gain this?' The Hashira unconsciously caressed y/n's hands gently. She was snapped out of her thoughts when she heard the boys talking in the other room.

Letting out a tired sigh, Shinobu let go of the little boys' hands and leaned onto the bed for a moment. "Hm.."

Shinobu was surprised when she felt a small hand gently pat her head. Who knew that such a simple action could make you feel much better.

The tiredness Shinobu once had seemed to decrease, she smiled genuinely before slowly getting up and exiting the room, taking one last glance at y/n before doing so.

.

The moment the insect pillar closed the door, y/n began to stir again, feeling uncomfortable. Soon it felt like his breathing stopped.

He jerked around, turning over from side to side, he began sweating heavily. "Nii-san..Mama..Nee-san.." He muttered in his sleep.

.

"Mother! What wrong with y/n?!" A worried Nezuko said as she burst into the house. The family had just heard that y/n was in a very weak state.

"Is he going to be okay?!" Tanjiro quickly entered the house after Nezuko. "The doctor said he was very sick! Will...will he be okay?!"

Hearing all the fuss the other children began asking about y/n too. "Y/n's sick? Will he be okay?" Hanako asked.

"Yes, your brother is very sick at the moment.." Kie looked down sadly, "The doctor said he may not survive..but there is a possibility he can be cured."

It was silent. The kids were still processing what their mother just said. And once they understood what she said, they didn't know what to say.

"W..wait, you said there's a possibility y/n can be cured right.? What...what's the cure?" Takeo asked teary eyed.

"Well..they said that they needed a certain flower...I plan on getting it for them, but.." The children looked at their mother, waiting for her to continue.