Chapter 26

Sleeping late, waking up early and using free time at school to write new chapters.

Here's chapter 26! I hope you enjoy this, I kinda got an idea from a dream I had so decided to try and see how it would go.

Italics and bold= Memories

Italics= inside the mind

~~~

Y/n was laying down on the bed, he was forced to stay inside after Shinobu found out about him helping out.

He tried secretly training but the Hashira was more strict on his recovery compared to Urokodaki.

So now he was stuck in his recovery room not allowed to do anything but rest, but one thing was that he couldn't sleep. At all.

Whenever he slept he'd get weird dreams that had people he didn't know. One of the more frequent ones was about a train and the flame pillar.

Then there was this stranger who had lines all over his body, he must've been a demon.

Another one was of his brothers, sister and the sound pillar. There were three ladies in the dream too, but y/n didn't know who they were.

The boys and the pillar were heavily injured and the place around them was completely destroyed.

I'm his second dream he felt like he wasn't in full control of himself, The thought of being controlled to do something bad scared him.

'What if it's real? What do I do to protect them?' Even though those were dreams, y/n felt like they could happen.

.

"Wahhhh!! I miss y/nnnn!!!!" Zenitsu complained earning a nod of agreement and a huff from Inosuke.

"I want my disciple back!!" Inosuke yelled, "He still has to learn from the great Inosuke!!"

"I miss my baby brother... ahhh I want to see him..!" Tanjiro laid in his bed crying, even though they were apart for that long the boys missed y/n.

Aoi came into the room before looking at them sternly. With a sigh she began to speak. "Y/n is in the other room, you guys can take turns spending the night there but don't let him do anything that could hurt him."

The boys cheered hearing the news, they could see their little brother again. "Wahh!! I can finally see y/n again!!" Zenitsu cried.

"Shush! Don't be so loud, the others might hear you!" That's right, the strict and obedient Aoi was letting the boys go visit y/n without permission from the insect pillar.

.

After a lot of arguing, they decided to let Zenitsu go first because he kept crying loudly, well Inosuke didn't like the idea but begrudgingly let it go.

Zenitsu felt a little guilty since Tanjiro was y/n's older brother and he should've gone first, but he didn't want to miss the opportunity to see y/n.

.

Once the sun completely set, Zenitsu snuck over to y/n's room. Being as quiet as he could.

He opened the door and saw y/n sitting on his bed seemingly meditating.
Zenitsu quickly closed the door before approaching the child.

"Hey.. y/n..." He whispered not wanting to startle him. The young Kamado opened his eyes and looked at Zenitsu before smiling.

"Zenitsu-nii!" Zenitsu was tackled into a hug by y/n, he chuckled while telling him to keep it down.

"Shhh, y/n you can't let anyone know I'm here.."

Y/n looked up at the yellow boys face before snuggling back into his chest. "Okay..!"

.

They sat in bed, y/n told Zenitsu everything about his dreams but asked for him not to tell the others.

"So you had dreams about us and some people you don't know about?" Zenitsu asked shakily, "A-and the place was completely destroyed?"

Y/n could only nod, they were both scared by the dreams. "Hahhhh...." Y/n yawned before laying next to Zenitsu, slowly falling asleep.

"Goodnight, y/n.." Zenitsu laid near the child, covering them both and drifting off to sleep.

"Hm.." Y/n moved closer to Zenitsu, hugging the thunder breath user, finally falling asleep.

.

n!...y/....y/n...Y/N!!

The little boy jerked up, sweat running down his face. He looked around, only to notice that he was leaning against a tree.

It was night, stars of various colors littered the sky, silhouettes of mountains were seen and fog slightly covered the silhouettes.

"Huh..? Where...am I..?"  He pushed himself up to his feet and looked around, surrounding the tree were a bunch of blue spider lilies. "So pretty.."

Y/n!

He quickly turned to the direction the voice came from, he saw a beautiful lady with long black hair, her eyes were soft and pale violet.

But who was she? Y/n's never seen her before..so how does she know him?

"Nee-san!! Nee-san!!" An all too familiar voice was heard.

Images of Shinobu holding the unfamiliar lady came into his mind. "Shinobu-sama.."

He felt pain in his heart, as if he could feel the Hashira's pain. It confused him, it made him panic, and seeing his distress the unknown person slowly approached him.

"Shh...y/n I know you don't know who I am but please, I need you to take deep breaths..." Her voice was soft and calm, it was beautiful to listen to.

Seeing no ill intention from her, y/n followed her instructions.

Moments later, y/n had finally calmed down. He turned to the kind lady and began to get curious. "Um...Excuse me miss, I don't mean to be rude but..who are you..?"

"My name is Kanae Kocho, I'm the older sister of Shinobu..!"  She introduced herself.

~~~

~Taisho secrets~

-The place y/n was in wasn't his mind space but his 'heart'. (Image at the top is closest to what I thought of)

-Y/n was able to meet Kanae because he felt in peace and he had formed an unnoticeable bond with Shinobu.

Looks like y/n has unlocked another ability! I hope this was okay for you guys. My last day of school for the first semester finished yesterday so I'm not sure when I'll update next.

But don't worry I won't discontinue the book^^!

Have a nice day/afternoon/night^^!

Published: 25/06/22

Word count: 957