Chapter 30: What A Day

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

A/n: Swearing and mentions of blood/gore (if that's not your thing, I'm sorry. If there's people who genuinely can't read this chapter because the mention of stabbing and blood I can provide a brief chapter explanation if needed, just ask)

(POV Y/n)
You heard pencils falling somewhere from the crafting tables. You looked over to see Kas half-laying down, his upper half on the table and his lower half off the chair and on the floor.
"Kas?" You called out.

No response.

You moved closer to Kas.
"Kas?!" You called out, louder.

Still no answer.

Only silence. . .
-----------------------------------------------------

You ran to Kas, shaking him.
"Answer me, please!" You pleaded.

Sun ran up behind you. 
"Wait Y/n, he might've just passed out" Sun suggested. 

Sun pulled you away and checked Kas's heart beat. After a while Sun breathed a sigh of relief. 
"Still alive..." Sun mumbled.

Freddy began jogging up to you and Sun, holding Gregory's hand. 
"Is he okay?" Freddy asked in a hurry.

"Just passed out" Sun answered.

The doors to the Daycare opened, you quickly turned to see who it was. It was Kari and someone with a medical uniform that consisted of a dark blue button up t-shirt with yellow stripes on the shoulders, dark blue pants with yellow stripes at the bottom, a red duffle bag, gloves, and a face mask. The person with the medical uniform had long, black, braided hair with blue highlights that started at ears and ended at the ends of their hair. Their grey eyes met your eyes, a cold gaze. Kari saw Kas and began running up to him, the medic following behind, ignoring you and Sun. 

"Oh my god, please tell me he's ok" Kari said franticly. 

The medic began working, taking out their stethoscope and listen to Kas's heart beat. Then pulling out various medial equipment. The medic cut off Kas's bandages, taking a look at the wound. Kas's wound, despite cleaning it earlier with wipes, was covered in blood again. Freddy covered Gregory's eyes and began walking away.

"Suffering from sharp-force trauma... How long has he been bleeding out without proper treatment?" The medic asked as they gently brought Kas to the floor, laying on his back.

"I-I don't know, I found him just around the corner before I made it to Freddy's room" You answered. 

"Is he going to make it?" Kari asked. 

"If he's passed out, and with this kind of superficial wound, that means he's lost about 30-40% of blood" The medic mumbled to themselves, "Yes, he'll make it. But we have about 5 minutes before he suffers major damage, or at least damage worse than a nasty infection" The medic chose their words carefully. 

"What do you mean by that?" You asked.

"Infection is a common complication with puncture wounds, usually a minor skin infection occurs. But if the wound isn't cleaned up properly the infection can lead to a bone or joint infection. Luckily a minor skin infection only happens if the wound goes untreated for 2 to 5 days, that is, if they victim survives the stab wound" The medic explained. 

You looked at Kas worriedly, his chest heaved irregular breathes. The medic put on gloves from their bag and began taking out a water bottle and fresh bandages.

"Whoever put bandages on him to stop the bleed was smart. A lot of cases with people who have been stabbed don't make it because no one thought to stop the bleeding with a cloth or bandages" The medic said, "it helped him make it this far anyways"