chapter three

My teddy, it use to sit on a table...
Every time I did something wrong they would take it away... I cried... again... and again... but who cared? Not them, they only wanted to use me... they thought I didn't know but trust me I did...

She took her time examining the room, she noticed there were some posters and photos on the walls next to each bed, on the wall of the bed under her bed the person sleeping there had put two posters and about two photos, the posters had fighters on them and the photos were with the members of the unit outside, taken on missions with a polaroid that was the only camera they were allowed to have, then she inspected the bedside table that inside the drawer had a pair of glasses and a notebook that code 001 did not read as it was none of her business. On the other side, there were three posters and the same two photos the other wall had, the posters had famous surgeons on them and there was a first aid kit and manual on the bedside table, lastly, the top bed on the same side, that had two posters and still the same two photos like the other two beds, the posters had singers on them and the shelf had some headphones and an MP3 player that was not common to find these days as it was only popular like three hundred years ago but she knew "the project" would only give the bare minimum as entertainment, cheap and fools, idiotic in her opinion as it would only cause more possibility of a protest but these people don't know much about the real world so she guessed they didn't mind, something is better than nothing isn't it? She didn't know, sometimes she wished she had nothing maybe then there would be less disappointment in her life.

It was nearly bedtime, she found it weird to sleep so early as in the older divisions they would normally pull all-nighters for missions but now she was being treated like a child it was weird... but she did what was needed and got ready with the little number of clothes she was given, her pyjamas was a long white dress that looked nearly brown from being rarely washed but she didn't care as it wasn't anything new for her, she decided to go to the main-room to maybe eat something and examine the children's behaviour, when she got to the door she overheard Alex talking to the others "she's just a child! How did she even get in the building!" He complained, "I don't know but she must have something special if Adam treats her with such respect" Abbey pointed out "of course, he has favourites! How didn't I know? She's probably his daughter... little brat" he concluded "come on man, you don't even know her name! You can't judge her so quickly" Austin protested "yeah... let her be" Kylie agreed shyly, code 001 felt pain as if Alex's comments hurt... weird... she didn't show it tho she just calmly entered the room making everyone go silent "I am not his daughter, like all of you I worked hard to be the best so shut up," she said with no change in her tone like if it didn't bother her, they were all stunned at those words like if they had seen a ghost "good night" she left calmly but ran to the rooms when she reached the corridor, "see what you did! Idiot! She can hold herself better than any of us and you still bad mouth her!" Abbey scolded Alex that was still stunned at the encounter, Abbey left to go talk to code 001 that she found on her bed pretending to sleep like a little child, Abbey climbed the ladder and sat on the edge of the bed "I'm sorry for him, he's not used to new people" code 001 got up still not showing any emotions like if her face only had one expression "it's fine to be sad, you know?" Abbey pointed out as she was surprised that girl could be so serious even after hearing all those insults "why? It only shows weakness" code 001 questioned "I guess so... Well, good night then" she said messing the girl's hair confusing code 001 "don't forget that breakfast is at seven" with that Abbey turned off the light and left code 001 to her thoughts.
In the main room, Abbey found a raging Eva shouting at Alex and a crying Kylie being comforted by Austin "Eva, Alex drops it" Abbey ordered coldly "hell no! He's not getting away with making her cry!" Eva protested while hitting Alex "Kylie why don't you go to the room" Abbey said in a calm voice trying to avoid making the girl cry more, Kylie nodded and left the room leaving the four alone to argue "Eva sit down" Abbey ordered "ugh" she groaned but did what was asked anyways "you don't need to like her Alex but code 001 will be treated with respect like everyone here" Abbey said seriously "and no raging on to Kylie because we all know she's sensitive" she added "Austin keep an eye on him" she ordered and got an eager nod from the boy "new girl seems pretty calm, maybe she will actually put order in this group" Eva pointed out "yeah I think she will be a good addition to the unit!" Austin tried lighting the mood "yes I agree, now all of you to your rooms it's getting late".