chapter sixteen

I don't know why, but I don't feel so mad about what they said...
   They didn't mean it, humans tend to do that... say things that they don't mean, normally that would be bad but this time I don't feel like it is...

    Alex and code 001 walked in silence for some time "thank you" code 001 said shyly "no problem, but don't take their words to heart, they are just stupid teenagers" Alex said calmly "I know, but you shouldn't have been so harsh with them if you knew it was a joke, especially code 2985" code 001 commented, Alex stopped and stood in front of code 001 getting down to her level "Liam could have been my husband but if he or anyone else is disrespectful to you I will not hesitate in scolding them" Alex explained proudly "but you like Liam, so why?" code 001 questioned confused "you're like a little sister to me, even if I don't know you for long, you are important to me, code 001" Alex said happily "Coal" code 001 said under her breath "Coal?" he questioned "you can call me Coal but just once" code 001 explained "ok then, I'm happy that you became my friend... Coal" Alex said "me too, now let's go do stuff!" code 001 said happily, Alex got up and they started walking around the town, they looked at some shops before stopping at a restaurant for lunch. They walked in and were taken to a table where they sat down "you are receiving messages" code 001 pointed out "today will be a no drama day!" Alex declared and he turned off his watch that was constantly buzzing with all the messages that the unit was sending "hello! I'm Nuala, I will be taking your orders today!" a waiter said excitedly "hmm, I think I will have the carrot soup please" Alex said "ok! And for the young lady?" the waiter asked code 001 "I will have a salad please"
code 001 answered, "ok then, your order will be ready soon!" The waiter said before quickly leaving "so, do you mind telling me who is that picture?" Alex asked curiously "you will know with time..." code 001 answered vaguely "ok then... so do you know what are next mission will be?" Alex tried changing the topic "I think we will have one this week, one with the traineds this Saturday and another one with Unit.1 next week" code 001 said seriously "what's wrong? I thought you were ok with normal missions" Alex questioned worried "oh, our mission with the traineds is going to be with an old unit of mine" code 001 explained sadly "how many times have you changed units?" Alex asked "about eight times, once per year since I was four" code 001 answered, "since you were four?!" Alex was shocked at how young she started doing missions "yes" code 001 couldn't really understand Alex's reaction, she didn't find it such a big deal but humans will be humans "wait, but if you move every year that means... you're going to change units in a year" Alex pointed out, code 001 was shocked, she hadn't thought about "uh-" code 001 was about to answer when she was interrupted by the waiter "here you go, a salad and carrot soup, enjoy!" the waiter said before leaving once again, they both started eating in silence trying to forget what they had just talked about, Alex was hurt and code 001 was confused, she normally wouldn't mind changing units but now that she thought about it... she didn't really want to, but there was still time, she needed to think on what really mattered before she got ahead of herself "hey, it's fine... we shouldn't think about these sad things, let's go enjoy ourselves" Alex said when both of them finished their meals "yeah, you're right" code 001 agreed, Alex payed the waiter and they quickly left to explore some more.
    When Alex and code 001 came back to the hotel it was already six o'clock, not even a few steps into the lobby Abbey came running at Alex and gave them the tightest hug "you idiot! You know how dangerous it is to wander around without your unit!" Abbey scolded Alex through tears "I missed you too, Abbey" Alex said gently "and you" Abbey quickly turned to code 001 "how could you trust my bestie that has peas for a brain" Abbey said as she hugged code 001 tightly, the poor girl was confused, was she being scolded? She couldn't tell "hey man!" Austin walked over with Kylie and Eva "hey guys" Alex greeted them happily "so how was your joy ride? Idiot" Eva asked sarcastically "come on guys, we just got on good terms and you are already throwing insults at each other" Kylie complained, "I think that not all of us are on good terms yet" code 001 commented while she pointed at Liam that sat alone in a corner of the lobby, Alex sighed "yeah, your boyfriend was heartbroken all day" Eva teased Alex that was as red as a tomato "she saying the truth, Liam was all depressed the whole day because he felt bad for what he had said" Abbey assured, Alex looked at code 001 that nodded "fine" Alex agreed in defeat, he slowly walked over to Liam that didn't even look over "she's not mad, don't worry" Alex assured when he sat down "no? She looked livid" Liam questioned surprised "she knows that you didn't mean it, you're too sweet to be mean" Alex reassured him "is the being too sweet part her words or yours?" Liam asked with a slight chuckle "you will never know" Alex said as he made a slight echo effect "thanks for scolding me, I needed it" Liam joked "sometimes we all need a nice scolding" Alex commented a bit embarrassed "we should go join them" Liam suggested after some awkward silence "yeah, I guess we should" Alex agreed, he still felt like he had something to say but didn't know what it was so he just left it be.