chapter seventeen

Some things off, I know it...
  He's planning something, something involving me and her... what could it be?
  He's planning on hurting her but I can't fight, no yet...
  Nothing will mess up my plan, nothing...

  Soon enough the trip was over,
Unit.5 was assigned paperwork for the rest of the month that none of them enjoyed. Abbey was signing papers while Austin and Alex looked through them and Eva and Kylie wrote stuff down, code 001 sat alone at the island browsing through documents on her computer "hey yall! Does anyone need any medication for me to write it down?" Austin asked everyone "yeah, I need some skin care treatment for my scars" Kylie replied "I need another asthma pump and I bet Abbey needs some hay-fever medicine," Alex said seriously "you got it," Abbey said to Alex, both smiled at each other and went back to their paperwork "yeah I need some to if you don't mind adding it to the list" code 001 said in her normal serious tone "yeah sure, what do you need?" Austin asked happily "just put 001 medication" code 001 said "ok, what is that medication supposed to be? Is it some type of allergy medication?" Austin asked curiously "I never heard of it" Kylie commented, "if Kylie doesn't know about it, it must be rare" Abbey teased, Kylie turned red at the comment "no, it's more like a pain killer" code 001 answered "for what? Are you injured or sick? You could have told us" Kylie said concerned, "I would prefer not to talk about it" code said a bit more serious than she was before "ok then," Abbey said quickly before the room went back into silence, code 001 watch started buzzing causing everyone to look over to her "what is it?" Eva asked after code 001 finished the message she had received "it's Adam, he's calling me in for a meeting" code 001 explained "you should go, Adam doesn't like to wait" Abbey pointed out "yes, I know" code 001 agreed with Abbey, she quickly left and walked over to the councils building, she was greeted by two guards at the entrance that escorted her to a dark room, it took her some time to get used to the darkness "council, I have been summoned" code 001 said "code 001, my child... how have you been adjusting to the younger unit" a voice that sounded like an elder man asked "well, thank you for your concern" code 001 answered "as you may know code 001, are annual ceremony will be held next month and as always you will be giving your speech" a voice of an elderly women spoke up "yes I was informed, but with all due respect my council... I think I would not me fit to give this years speech" code 001 said with much hesitation, some let out gasps and some sighed at code 001 words "code 001, the project did not raise you to deny such and honorable responsibility" Adam's voice said "yes, I'm sorry my council... I will be doing this years speech, my apologies for my disrespect" code 001 said sadly "code 001, if this behaviour continues there will be consequences" another elderly woman said "yes, it will not happen again" code 001 assured, code 001 left soon after to return to the main-room, everyone turned to the girl when she step foot in the room but she said nothing "so how did it go?" Eva asked code 001 "well, I will be doing this year's speech... as always," code 001 said disappointed "code 001, how come nearly no one knows you if you do a speech every year," Kylie asked curiously "no one knows me because code 001 is not my name and no one can recognise me when I use makeup and a dress" code 001 explained, "wait, you wear makeup?" Austin asked surprised "when I'm asked to, yes I do" code 001 answered, "the makeup shit doesn't matter Austin, you said something about your name, what do you mean?" Eva questioned code 001 "like all of you, I also have a name" code 001 explained, "then what is it?" Abbey asked "I would prefer to keep that private" code 001 said, no one said a word and just went on with their work as the last thing they wanted was to start a fight with code 001. Two weeks passed and the unit was still working in the same spots they were two weeks ago like they had never moved "hey does anyone want to go to the home" Austin asked out loud "why? Do you need to get some stuff there?" Abbey asked "yeah actually, I need to send some paperwork so if anyone wants to join" Austin explained "yeah sure, it sounds like a nice outing" Abbey accepted the offer "why not? I miss those kiddos anyways" Eva also joined in, everyone had accepted the offer except for code 001 that was too focused on her work to pay attention to the unit's conversation "hey brat!" Eva called code 001 that was typing away "yes?" the girl turned around to see who had called her "you really shouldn't call her brat Eva" Kylie commented "she looked so it's fine" Eva argued "we just wanted to know if you wanted to go to the home with us" Alex explained, the unit was ready for disappointment but, surprisingly, code 001 accepted the offer "ok, everyone had five minutes to get ready so hurry up!" Abbey said, everyone, walked around grabbing paperwork and books to take, after some minutes everyone was ready and they all left, the walk to the home was a bit longer because the organisation preferred to keep the younger kids away from attacks that could happen to the units, but after a long walk the unit finally arrived, they slowly entered the building to be greeted by some little kids that surrounded them "hey kiddos, have any of you been naughty?" Eva asked the little kids that surrounded her, even with her tremendous attitude and temper Eva loved children especially the ones from the home, an older boy walked up to code 001 and offered his hand to shake and code 001 accepted surprising the unit "code 001, do you know this boy?" Abbey asked sweetly "yes, this is code 2944" code 001 introduced the boy the shyly waved at the unit "I need to go take care of this paperwork, don't go too far away" Austin explained before leaving with Alex, Kylie also left as she wanted to trade some manuals with some kids, now it was just Abbey, Eva, code 001 and some kids, while code 001 talked to code 2834 another kid came running in her direction and gave a big hug "how many friends do you have here?" Eva asked code 001, the little boy looked up to the two girls "I'm George, code... I forgot" the little boy said proudly "his code is 2992" code 2944 explained "ok, are you two brothers? Both of you look very similar" Abbey asked "yes we are! That is my older brother Daniel!" George answered excitedly "I see, and both of you are friends with code 001?" Abbey asked a bit unsure "yes, code 001 visits the home constantly" Daniel answered Abbey "oh does she?" Eva asked as she looked over to code 001 which was red with embarrassment "yeah she does! And she normally does training with us, is super fun" George said happily "I didn't know you had such a soft side code 001" Eva teased, code 001 went serious and tried to say something "I do not have a soft side" code 001 protested calmly, both teenagers started laughing causing code 001 to smile a bit, Daniel was shocked at code 001 expression or jealous.