chapter fiften

Why did they need to know me so well?
I wasn't their daughter but they tried tricking me into thinking I was...
But I doubt any child would be treated by their parents like I was, children may be treated badly but I was never a child to begin with was I?
Just an experiment...

Alex cleaned his face in the tiny bathroom that came with each room, he looked at himself in the mirror like if he had never seen himself before, he felt guilty but why? It wasn't his fault, was it? He couldn't rap his mind around all his thoughts "code 2867?" code 001 called as she also knocked on the bathroom door "yeah, coming" he answered, opening the bathroom door was harder than doing a mission but what was there to do? He wanted to hide but for some reason talking to code 001 felt like a better option, he opened the door slowly to reveal a liltle girl waiting for him right at the door, a girl that looked innocent, a girl that looked sensitive, Alex felt angry that someone could hurt her, it was easy to except that people could hurt him but code 001 was just a kid, he started forgetting the fear he felt when he encountered Noah now it was just another painful memory "are you ok?" code 001 asked with all the empathy she could show "yeah, im fine" he assured the girl "don't let him do that again, ok?" she said as serious as possible "I won't, don't worry" Alex was lost in words, she was just a kid after all, it would be selfish to stress her out "there are much better people in this world code 2867, like floor boy, code 2086, code 2059 or code 2410" code 001 tried to reassure Alex even if she had never done it "floor boy?" Alex asked with a slight chuckle "wh- sorry, I meant code 2985" she couldn't belive she had called one of her colleagues 'floor boy' "hey, no need to be embarrassed, we all make mistakes" Alex said in a soft tone, code 001 looked at Alex in confusion before hugging him "you deserve better" she whispered to him, he looked down at her and smiled, even if everything was going down hill code 001 always found a way to cheer him up even if she wasn't the type to always show what she felt "code 001" he said grabbing her attention, he got down on his knees and looked at her "you need to promise me something, ok?" Alex asked seriously "what is it?" she asked intrigued by the sudden question "there are many bad people in this world and one day you may like one, so if that ever happens and you realise you need help, you will ask me ok?" Alex asked for something that code 001 never expected "I will" she answer's simply, Alex hugged her again but this time instead of crying sad tears he cried happy ones "hey g-" Liam entered the bedroom to find the two friends hugging, he stared at them in silence, he didn't want to interrupt the moment as this wasn't something you would see everyday, Alex opens his eyes to see Liam, he gives a soft smile and separates from code 001 "hey look, floor boy" Alex said to code 001 that was red in embarrassment "floor boy? That's a good one" Liam said with his soft laugh and smile "I was just going to ask if I could hangout with your unit tomorrow" Liam explained shyly "yeah sure, we will probably be exploring the town a bit so if you don't mind walking" Alex answer's happily, the two boy look at each other for a bit before Liam leaves, code 001 looked straight into Alex's eyes "I thought you were dating code 2135" she said bluntly "code 001!" Alex screeched "I was, ok? We broke up, and Liam is a friend" he tried explaining to the girl that wasn't even a bit convinced "but why code 2135? He was rude and aggressive" code 001 questioned "like I said, sometimes we think people love us... and that's not always the case" Alex tried to explain once more "well, I think you deserve someone nice and loving" code 001 commented "thanks" Alex was starting to realise he was growing quite found of the girl he once thought was useless, funny how things work out.
Even with the eventful night everyone was trying to remain civil in the morning, as everyone prepared to leave and explore the town code 001 made a quick announcement "units! You all may explore freely but keep your communicators with you at all times, and be back by six!" she ordered, soon everyone left in groups, of course Unit.5 decided to stick together "so Liam became part of our unit?" Eva teased "very funny Eva" Alex said, Abbey patted Alex on the back startling him, he quickly pushed her hand off like if she had just slapped him "Jesus, what got into you today?" Abbey commented "sorry, you just scared me" he apologised in embarrassment, code 001 gived him a worried look but said nothing and continued to talk with Austin and Liam "so where do you guys want to go first?" Kylie asked out loud "I don't know, we could explore the shops for a while" Abbey offered, everyone agreed. They explored some gift shops and some of them bought cards, key chains or magnetics, in the end Liam, Eva and code 001 were the only ones that hadn't bought anything "I'm surprised code 001 hasn't bought anything, she is a kid after all" Austin commented jokingly "I'm a teenager, not a toddler" code 001 said as she browsed the item's on the shelf "it's hard when you have limited money" Liam defends code 001 "you guys shouldn't think so hard on a souvenir, it's not going to cost your life savings" Abbey decides to join the conversation "don't give me that bullshit" Eva said angrily, she browsed the jewellery section, she was picking one ring after the other but couldn'tdecide which one to buy "I'm going for a key chain" Liam announced proudly "good choice, I also got one" Kylie assured Liam "what do you have there? Code 001" Austin asked curiously, code 001 shoved the item in to her pocket and went straight to the cashier to pay for whatever she had purchased "that girl is full of secrets" Eva comments "yeah, I think she picked out one of thos postcards with pictures of the place" Abbey guessed "talking about pictures, does anyone know who that girl in the picture on code 001 shelf is?" Eva asked curiously "you shouldn't be snooping around her stuff" Kylie pointed out with a disappointed tone "I've seen that picture... she was wearing that same pijamas as code 001, she had long white hair and had that same blue eyes as code 001... but weird enough, both were smiling" Abbey said conflicted if she was worried or happy "code 001, smiling?" Liam questioned "not even I can believe that, that is as serious and stubborn as the guards" Austin joked "that girl in the picture must be repeated to her somehow, I wonder if they are as stubborn as her" Liam went on with the joke "come on guys, don't be mean, she's still adjusting to the si-" Alex was about to complete his phrase when a he saw a figure in the corner of his eye, it was code 001 holding her new purchase tightly, she had red checks and was a verge of tears "code 001, we were just joking..." Austin said under his breath "why? You all judge people so quickly, when you don't even know them!" code 001 protested angrily "we are so sorry code 001" Liam said sadly "you should be" Alex mumbled to himself "I'm sorry?" Liam was a bit shocked at Alex as he normally was friendly "let's go, code 001" Alex offered his hand to the girl that with some hesitation accepted and both headed to the door, before leaving Alex turned his head around to give one last look at the unit and Liam that were stunned but at the same time ashamed, code 001 turned to them and slowly walked to Kylie and gave her a hug and whispered her somethings before going back to Alex and leaving.