chapter twenty-two

The ceremony is getting closer and my deadline is also...
   The plan would already be in action by now if I hadn't gotten distracted by these feelings...
    I should be focusing on what matters...

    "Dang it! Well Alex, guess you're third wheeling" Eva commented sarcastically "oh, I didn't know you didn't have a date, I would have gone with you If had known" Liam said guilty "it's cool, I always have next year" Alex assured, there was a pause of awkward silence before everyone started eating, "hey, code 001, why don't you invite that boy from the home to the ceremony?" Abbey asked after finishing her meal "people from the home, aren't allowed to attend the ceremony, and even if they were, I shouldn't be engaging in such ways with people I work with" code 001 answered seriously "it's a shame you have so many restrictions, code 001, you're still so young, you should be allowed to enjoy these types of events" Liam commented "I take no joy in ceremony day, it's just another distraction" code 001 stated seriously "I'm guessing there is something you're not telling us" Abbey said, code 001 glared at her "my history is none of your concern code 2059" code 001 said angry "code 001, don't talk to Abbey that way" Alex said "oh, so now you want to dictate how I talk to people?! Can't everyone just mind their own business" code 001 shouted before storming out and going to the girl's room "do you think she will set the room on fire?" Liam asked worried "nah, trust me, we have done worse" Eva assured, Alex and Abbey were stunned and Kylie was disappointed "it was a dick move tho" Austin commented and Alex sighed "I wonder what the ceremony day means to her?" Kylie questioned "maybe someone died" Abbey commented, "I don't think so, does code 001 have someone she cares for that much ?" Eva disagreed "maybe it's the girl from the photo" Austin pointed out "that is the most provable answer, I guess we will stick with that for tonight" Abbey said disappointed "it's pretty late Liam, you should get going" Kylie pointed out "yeah, I should shouldn't I? Thanks for dinner guys" Liam agreed as he got up and left, the unit was now alone again, Eva got up and headed to the showers "don't worry about the dishes Kylie, we will just do them tomorrow morning" Abbey assured "I'm heading to our room, good night girls" Austin announced "good night Austin" Kylie said happily "we should also go to our room" Abbey commented "yeah, I guess we should" Kylie agreed, they both walked to the girl's room and waited for Eva as they did their own stuff, "is code 001 awake?" Eva asked when she got back from the showers "I think so, she's been silent this whole time and I kinda forgot to check" Abbey answered "she should get some sleep, she looked recked" Eva commented sarcastically "do you guys think that we did a bad job?" Kylie asked the two girls "a bad job at what?" Eva questioned with a chuckle "a bad job at helping her" Kylie explained, the room went silent, and the atmosphere was as tense as the girls "no, I don't think so... you know, we tried" Abbey answered nearly whispering "let's not get all depressed, why don't we go to bed and talk about this after our minds have rested" Eva said nervously, the girls agreed and soon all of them were fast asleep. The boy's room was as tense as the girl's one "stop pitying yourself and help me fix this damn smoke alarm" Austin ordered Alex annoyed "can you just shut up, I'm trying to finish reading these documents" Alex argued "gee, so gentle" Austin mumbled, "why don't you go fix the smoke alarm in the girl's room?" Alex asked annoyed "maybe because, it's the girl's room, it's night time and maybe because you're the only one that actually knows how to do this" Austin answered, Alex sighed loudly and Austin gave up on fixing the smoke alarm "why don't I help you with those documents?" Austin asked "n-no! It's fine, I will do them alone" Alex assured nervously "Alex, stop being a weirdo" Austin said, Alex tried to hide the documents from his friend but failed "is that your diary and health history book?" Austin asked confused, Alex sighed and showed him the documents "I was trying to find something..." Alex explained disappointed "is it about CEP?" Austin asked "yes, I'm just trying to find some proof, if this really all happened" Alex answered with watery eyes, Austin looked at him in the eyes and gave him a tight hug "whatever you remember,  doesn't change what we have gone through together, you're part of Unit.5 no matter what happened in the past" Austin assured, Alex, sobbed in Austin's arms for what felt like hours.
     The unit was silent in the morning, no one wanted to talk to each other, they all wanted to hide in their beds but they had chores to do so as always they all went to the main room "good morning unit, get some quick breakfast and get ready because we are going to be stuck all afternoon in the fitting room so you better get some sunlight!" Abbey announced loudly, Eva groaned and Austin sighed "hey! Where is the brat?" Eva asked confused "she left a note on the island, it says that she's going to be outside and that she will meet us at the fitting" Kylie said worried "let the kid do what she wants, it's not like she doesn't know this place" Austin commented "I know but I think she's still shaken up because of yesterday, I'm worried that she's going to do something dumb" Kylie explained, "about yesterday, we still haven't cleaned up so who's the unlucky soul?" Abbey asked "I can clean up the rest of the glass and the burnt floor" Kylie offered "I can fix the smoke alarm in the rooms" Alex said seriously "I can check on the rest of the alarms actually, I wanted to do a security check" Eva offered "thanks guys, you all are life savers! I'm going to check our fitting appointment detail's but I think we need some fast meals today" Abbey explained "I can prepare some sandwiches" Austin pointed out "that's great Austin" Abbey said relieved "should I make some for code 001?" Austin asked, "you're not going to starve the kid are you?" Eva asked sarcastically "yes, Austin, make some for code 001, now chop chop everybody!" Abbey answered, and the unit all got to their tasks.