chapter thirteen

Why are emotions so tiring?
  Love, happiness, excitement... all of them are so exhausting, but sometimes I wonder if the stress of hiding all of that is really worth it...
  I wonder what she would say...

   The plane landed and everyone quickly got out and headed to the bus that "the project" had arranged to pick them up and take them directly to the hotel. The two units were now waiting in the lobby of the building for the workers to take them to their rooms, "Alex, come" Noah called Alex that was talking to his unit "I will be back in a sec guys!" Alex said as he tried to hide how nervous he was "be quick" Abbey ordered, Noah took Alex to a corridor where there was no one to be seen "is everything alright?" Alex asked with a trembling voice "you... you're supposed to stay away from that loser remember, you know I don't like repeating myself" Noah's words scared Alex but he couldn't call for anyone "but we were just talking, I swear-" a hard slap interrupted Alex "I said to stay away from that loser!" Noah repeated "now be a good boy and do what I say" he added, Alex was in shock but still nodded "good, now this will be staying between us, ok my love?" Noah acted as if nothing had happened "yes..." Alex quickly walked back to where everyone was waiting, "hey Alex! They finally told us where our rooms are, come!" Austin called for the boy that was still taken aback by what had just happened "Alex?" Austin called again "oh... yeah! Coming!" Alex finally snapped back to reality.
   Unlucky for the units the rooms were small and only contained five beds and a closet, code 001 and Alex examined the tiny room, Austin came in after the duo dragging a suitcase "Jesus what did you bring in there?" Alex asked "Abbey made me bring the computers and now I'm stuck with this monstrosity!" Austin complained "well I also brought my computers and I'm perfectly fine" Liam joined the conversation when he entered the room "not helping!" Austin protested "we were ordered to bring what's needed, if you can't follow basic orders you may need to go back to the home" code 001 warned as she picked up Austin's bag with ease "ha! Beaten by a kid, how do you feel now big man?!" Alex teased his friend that was obviously embarrassed "how are we even supposed to set these things up in this tiny ass room!" Austin pointed out "guess what? It's called van duty" Liam said as he smirked "hell nah! I'm not going on van duty! It sucks!" Austin protested once more "then you're in luck because your unit is going to be on the field, me and another member of Unit.1 are going to be on van duty" Liam assured, Austin cheered as he was excited to be involved in all the action "childish" code 001 said bluntly "come on guys! No more fighting, we need to get ready for the first part of the mission!" Liam was finally able to get everyone's attention "yes, now that you all have settled in please get ready" code 001 agreed with Liam.
      The units all reunited in a van that would be taking them to the location of the first part of the mission, "ok everyone, you all have been assigned to this mission because you all have the skills needed to perform every step with ease, all the communicators are synchronized so there will be no trouble with talking to the other unit, you all have received an email that I assume you all have read that talks about your part in this mission, now, any questions?" code 001 explained from the front of the van "yes, I have two! What is the name we will be using to referee you? And who is the leader of this mission?" a girl from Unit.1 asked, "you all may referee to me as code 001, and I am the leader of this mission" code 001 answered "aren't you just a kid?" another girl questioned "yes I am a kid, but I have more experience and training than any of you so if there are no more questions about the mission I will sit back down" she answered bitterly, Unit.1 looked at Unit.5 in horror but they only sighed "how long do we have to wait in this hell hole?" Alex asked Abbey "about an hour, im lucky I brought my headphones so see yah" Abbey answered with the biggest grin "idiot" Alex was going to cuss Abbey out but she quickly put her headphones on, Alex looked around the van before meeting Noah's eyes that burned in rage like if he had done the worse thing in the world, Alex sighed and looked to his left so he could avoid Noah's glare "so what's going on between you and Kylie?" he asked Austin that sat on his left "why can't you just shut up?! We are already stuck in this van so please don't make it worse!" Austin tried avoiding answering his friend's questions "just let me have my dramas!" Alex protested "loser" Austin commented "simp" Alex shot back, and they teased each other a bit more before silence ruled the van.

      The van stopped in front of a shady building, the two units got out of the van except for the two hackers that would be taking care of the technical part of the mission "ok units, I've received a map of the building! It has been sent to your devices, we will be checking the cameras and destroying the saved files that we can access from here, now it's all up to you all!" Liam explained through the communicators "very well, half one of Unit.1! You will go to the roof that can be accessed from the back, the second half! You all stay outside and Unit.5 you all are entering through the front!" code 001 explained quickly.