chapter six

Trust...
  What a word... it's a funny feeling, not something you can describe...
  But before the unit.5 I had trusted someone...
  She was trustworthy not like the rest of them not like those other humans... no she was different...

  "Trust?" Code 001 asked "you've probably felt it at least once, it's something you build over time like... me and Abbey, we've been friends since the home and we were lucky to get in the same unit" Alex explained happily "oh... yeah, you do have a good reason to trust her don't you?" code 001 like if she knew something about them, a secret, "yeah we've been friends for some time now it's only natural" Alex agreed "well I should be going, it's getting late" code 001 got up and left and soon enough the rest of the unit did the same.
   The girl's room was silent even if all of them were there, Abbey had her headphones on and lip sang to the songs playing, Eva did push-ups on the floor, Kylie read her manual on her bed and code 001 admired her picture "lights off Eva" Abbey said taking off her headphones "ok" Eva got up from the floor and turned off the lights "good night everyone" Kylie said as she closed her manual.
   In the boy's room Alex slept on the bottom bed and Austin on the top and on the other side of the room they had a desk instead of another bunk bed as it wasn't needed, the light was off but the boy was wide awake talking as they laid on their beds "so why do the nearlys keep talking shit about you?" Austin asked as he looked at the ceiling "I don't know, there just a bunch of assholes" Alex replied, "come on man there must be a reason!" Austin protested "no so shut up and go to bed".

   Morning came for the unit, today it was their day off for healing purposes so no one woke up early well except code 001, the rooms were flooded with the smell of food making everyone wake up from their peaceful slumber and go to the main room all still in their pyjamas, all were surprised to find code 001 in uniform cooking and in front of her on the island a giant plate of pancakes "what is this?" Abbey asked surprised as she sat down on the island "oh hey, it's the food I thought that was obvious, is it that bad?" Code 001 questioned the girl "great job Abbey, you don't even know how to complement someone" Alex teased his friend as he sat next to her "so that was a joke?" code 001 questioned again still confused "well not exactly but close" Austin assured the girl that was still extremely confused "wow I didn't know you knew how to cook code 001!" Kylie admired the beautiful plate of pancakes "you can all sit down, I will give you each a plate" code 001 said as she grabbed multiple tiny plates, Austin and Kylie sat on the big sofa together and Eva sat on the armchair next to the two sofas, code 001 gave everyone one pancake except for Eva that she gave two, the unit was surprised but said nothing "today is day off but stay on guard as we are going to receive a mission any time soon" Abbey warned "I'm going out so don't come looking for me in the rooms" Alex said as he got up and cleaned his plate "me and Eva are going to hang out in the mini park so if anyone needs something find me there" Abbey explained "me and Kylie are going for a walk but I don't think anyone is going to be looking for us" Austin joked "what about you code 001?" Kylie asked snapping the girl out of her thoughts "I'm going to walk around or do some chores, I don't know" she admitted.

   Code 001 walked around to find another fight in the corridors, like last time she found Alex but luckily this time he wasn't on the floor, no, this time he was being held by some boy and in front of them there were three humans surrounding another boy that was on the floor crying "everyone let go! Code 001, children Unit.5! Security level three!" Code 001 ordered the boys that immediately stopped when they saw the necklace that had her id on it "what's happening here?" She asked approaching the group, no one spoke a word "you, the boy on the floor, tell me" she ordered the boy that was trembling "it was a fight, Alex was just trying to protect me" he explained nervously "ok then, I'm guessing you're all from Unit.1, I will be reporting all of you to security so no more fights or there will be much worse punishments" she warned in a much less threatening tone "you holding Alex and floor boy, tell me your name and code" she ordered "I'm Liam, code 2985" the boy on the floor introduce himself "I am Noah, code 2135" the boy holding Alex said in an annoyed tone "yes, I saw both of you at the ceremony last year, what are two high ranked agents doing in the middle of a fight?" Code 001 always watched the ceremonies from the "vip" area that only the council was allowed to use, it had a special glass meaning they couldn't see her but she could see them "none of your business" Noah said under his breath "I'm sorry, you are talking to someone that can get you killed with one punch so please show some respect" code 001 didn't even look at the boy she just examined Liam that was very scared of her "now all of you leave except code 2985 and 2135, code 2985 go inside that room and wait a bit I will be there soon" they all did what code 001 said, Alex didn't know what to expect but it couldn't be good "you shouldn't be getting into fights, it will leave a bad reputation to our unit" she pointed out "it wasn't a fight... they were bullying him" he said with a bit of hesitation "yes that explains things, I will be keeping an eye on you as you can't help but end up beaten up" code left after that to talk Liam in the other room.