chapter twenty-four

I'm lost...
I forgot all about your soft touch, your beautiful hair that I used to play with and even our conversations...
But we will be able to talk soon...

"I need the guard's time stamps," code 001 told the group of teenagers "the guard's time stamps, it's basically impossible to get access to those" one of the identical girls pointed out "ok, if we are going to this can you please tell us your guys names" Eva begged "sure, I'm Rosie and that's my twin Rosalind" the girl that had just spoken answered, Rosalind waved at Eva and Alex "I'm Simon and that's Leo" the tall boy also answered "well then, I'm Eva and that's Alex, nice to meet you guys," Eva said happily "anyways, how do you plan on getting the time stamps?" Leo asked through sign, Eva and Alex with the rest of Unit.5 were required to take sign classes to be able to handle different types of missions so there was no problem in understanding Leo "I think I got what is needed" code 001 said as she showed off a key card "wow C.C! That's I high-level security card, how did you get it?" Rosie asked intrigued "It doesn't matter now, but can you and Leo get in?" code 001 asked, "well, maybe, what do you think Leo?" Rosie asked her friend, Leo nodded and they both walked over to where code 001 was standing "you two can start the process, I need to get into some extra files" code 001 explained to the two teenagers "Holy shit, little brat runs a fucking society under the projects nose" Eva said still confused "how can someone use so many swear words in a sentence?" Simon asked sarcastically "no one knows" Alex answered disappointed "I learned about them when I was on a three-month mission to Ireland, I'm surprised you haven't heard any on your missions" Eva commented "we don't go on missions," Rosalind said seriously "wait, you all don't go on any type of missions?" Alex asked shocked "they are still unstable, they wouldn't be able to help much" code 001 explained "nice as always C.C." Simon commented sarcastically "how did you guys meet code 001?" Alex asked Rosalind, Rosalind looked over to code 001 that didn't say anything but instead stared at her intensely "I think it isn't the best time to tell you that" Simon answered for his friend "ah, I see" Eva mumbled, there was an awkward pause of silence, "are you done there, Rosie?" Rosalind asked her sister "yeah, the bot is back!" Rosie announced proudly "we better say our goodbyes then, we probably won't see each other for a while" code 001 pointed out "it's a shame that the organisation doesn't let us go to the ceremony, it's like in four days or something" Rosalind sulked, each of the teenagers gave code 001 a big hug and much to Alex's and Eva's surprise she hugged them all back with a small smile "let's go," code 001 said coldly to Alex and Eva "yeah, let's go" Alex agreed with her, code 001 and Eva quickly hopped back on to the rooftop but Alex took his time, code 001 stared at them for a while before turning around and leaving "what the hell just happened?" Eva asked Alex "I have no idea" Alex answered, "do you have anything to drink?" Alex asked still in shock "yeah, I think I have something in my pocket" Eva answered as she searched in her pockets for her flask, instead of a flask she found a little note in one of her back pockets "fuck" she said under her breath "what's wrong?" Alex asked worried "brat robbed my alcohol" Eva answered, "you mean the twelve-year-old girl that we live with?" Alex asked as shocked as Eva "no you dumb mother-fucker, it's obviously Holy Mary! who do you think it would be?" Eva shouted, they both looked at each other for a minute before running around the whole building in hopes of finding the girl, in the end, they went back to the main room with no success, and they both went to bed without uttering a word to each other.
"Good morning boys! Wake up and get up!" Abbey shouted at the two boys that were still in their bunk beds "good morning Abbey" Austin said unhappily "good morning to you too, asshole" Abbey said under her breath "get ready and come to the main room, we have morning training today" Abbey announced "yeah, yeah, just give us a sec" Alex mumbled "assholes!" Abbey shouted at them before leaving the room, "looks like you slept well" Austin commented sarcastically "it was hell of a night" Alex commented, Alex to off his pyjamas and started putting on his training gear and Austin did the same "hey, Alex?" Austin tried getting his friend's attention "yeah?" Alex asked "I've been meaning to ask you, what's up with those two scars? The ones kinda between your chest and stomach, I don't know how to explain" Austin asked curiously, Alex looked at his chest trying to figure out what his friend was talking about "oh you mean these?" Alex asked as he touched the two scars "yeah, I call them my boob scars, I don't how I actually got them" Alex explained "boob scars? You're such a weirdo" Austin commented "what else am I supposed to call them" Alex asked "I don't know, just ask Kylie for the actual medical name for it" Austin answered "I'm not going to ask Kylie for that" Alex answered, Austin sighed and Alex smiled "either way, I quite like my scars" Alex said proudly "do you man, if we are friends, in the end, I couldn't care less" Austin assured "thanks, we should get going shouldn't we?" Alex asked with a chuckle "yeah, kinda scared Kylie is going to swear at us again" Austin agreed, they both went to the main room where they found code 001 being patted down by Kylie "I think we skipped some chapters" Austin commented, "oh hey guys!" Kylie turned around and greeted the two boys "what the hell is that?" Austin asked as he pointed to code 001 new training gear "the project couldn't make her personalised gear on such short notice so they gave her some normal stuff" Abbey answered "not that, the wires and stuff" Austin mumbled "I have breathing and processing food problems" code 001 answered seriously "you made her sad you dumb fuck" Alex whispered to his friend "I'm not sad about my health problems, it's just something I have to overcome" code 001 stated with disgust in her tone "why don't we go to training before someone gets out of here with a black eye" Abbey suggested, everyone agreed and they all walked in silence to the training field "hello Unit.5! I am very sorry for making all of you train when you're trying to plan for the ceremony but I have to make sure all of you are ready for any threats" Adam greeted the unit "you didn't tell us Adam was going to be supervising" Alex whispered to Abbey "you guys don't normally mind" Abbey whispered back "yeah, we don't but I think code 001 minds" Alex said as he pointed to code 001 that glared at Adam angrily.