chapter fourteen

What am I feeling?
  they make me feel so... happy, I wish I could tell them...
  but what if they find me pathetic? What if they find me weak?
  This is why I don't trust these... These... Humans, they are all like this... Never trust them...

  The two units follow code 001 orders without a single question, Kylie and Abbey examined the corridors to tell if it was possible to perform their mission without any flaws "how is it looking down there?" someone asked through the communicator "clear, but we haven't found the traders yet" Alex explained "three of you come down here and the rest stay there" code 001 ordered Unit.1 when everyone was reunited they continued their search of the traders "here" Austin called everyone "what did you find?" Liam asked over the communicator "we just found the traders, they are in another room" Kylie explained when she joined Austin in front of a door "are they alone?" the other hacker in the van asked "yes" Austin replied "then let's proceed" Abbey said, they barged into the room frightening the two traders that were about to exchange two pen drives "FBI, let go of the pen drives and any weapons!" Noah ordered "FBI? Seriously that's what they gave us?" Eva whispered to Alex "oh, I see our friends have arrived early" one of the traders said sarcastically "he said to let go so do it!" code 001 ordered "guards..." the other trader signalled for someone to come closer "wha-" Kylie wasn't able to finish her sentence as she was hit from the back and thrown on the floor "Kylie!?" Austin tried to help but also ended up like the girl, soon enough everyone was on the floor except for Noah and code 001 "you two seem like a perfect addition to our organisation" one of the traders commented "I will never join another organisation, now do as you were ordered and let go of your weapons and the pen drives" code 001 said calmly "oh, but don't you see... you're outnumbered my sweetheart" the other trader pointed out "am I? Am I really?.... Noah now!" Suddenly fog covered the room, you could hear punches and groans but couldn't see where they came from "what a sad distraction" the trader pointed out, he looked at his hand to realise that his pen drive was gone "what?!" he questioned "don't underestimate me" code 001 commented, next to her was Noah and Eva that were now holding the trader's pen drives "how?" the other trader questioned "magic bitch! Now scram before I beat you up!" Eva said proudly, the traders left running not even thinking about the guards that were now unconscious on the floor "nice job units" Abbey got up from the floor "Eva how did you get up so quickly? We were all unconscious" Austin questioned "I was never hit, I just pretended" she explained happily "wow, nice one units, you can all come back to the van" Liam said through the communicator "what about the other trades?" Alex asked "the other groups have already dealt with that, now come back quickly as we have an announcement" Liam explained happily. The units reunited in the van where Liam stood at the front waiting for everyone to calm down "units!" code 001 shouted, and everyone went silent "ok units, Adam has informed that as we have finished our mission faster than expected we will have two extra days to explore the city! All of you have been sent money to buy stuff!" Liam announced happily, and everyone cheered in excitement "it is getting late so dinner will be served and you will all stay in your rooms" code 001 explained not showing a hint of excitement, Liam and code 001 sat back down and went on with their conversations.
    The evening went smoothly until somehow Alex and Noah ended up in a room alone, Noah had dragged Alex there without any explanation the only thing that Alex could pick up was that Noah was pissed and it had something to do with him "you have been a bit of a bitch, you know?" Noah pointed out "what are you talking about?" Alex tried asking gently but got pushed against a wall "you always act so selfish" Noah said with a grin "Noah? What are you talking about?" Alex tried asking again, he felt Noah hold and stroke his "Noah! Leave me alone!" he tried protesting but the boy didn't listen, Noah held Alex's hand tighter and tighter to the point that Alex wanted shout for help "Noah! You're hurting me" Alex was trying not to hurt his lover but he left him no choice, Alex pushed Noah to the away "I said to stop, and you will do just that, I'm supposed to be your partner, not your punching bag... but now you lost whatever I ever was to you" Alex said, he breathed loudly and was trembling but he didn't want to do anything stupid "you can't do that! You're nothing without me! I'm your boyfriend!" Noah protested loudly "correction, you were" Alex said not even looking into his ex-lovers eyes "I will go, I will not be saying anything about this encounter but chose your next actions carefully" Alex threatened while still trying to remain calm, without saying anything else Alex left and went back to his room where code 001 waited for him weirdly standing in the middle of the room "code 2867, I was wondering where you we-" code 001 was interrupted by Alex that hugged the girl, she heard him silently sob "what happened?" she asked surprisingly calm "nothing, I just need a hug" he lied, code 001 took a deep breath as she tried choosing her next words carefully "A-lex... you're not ok, are you?" she questioned the boy who was shocked at what she had just called him "I'm not, there!" the boy finally admitted "you don't need to tell me, but I just wanted to tell you... I may be young but I have lived through many things" code 001 tried assuring Alex "no code 001, it's not that easy" Alex gently disagreed "you're right, it's not easy admitting that someone you loved could be so cruel" she said "how do you know?" he asked surprised "I keep an eye on details" she answered vaguely "now, you should wash your face before anyone comes" code 001 suggested "yeah... sure, thanks code 001" Alex agreed.