chapter seven

Health...
  Nothing they cared about, but when I got scars or bruises from the intense fighting... they would inject something into my arm...
  It was supposed to make the healing process quicker but it hurt more than anything...

   Liam waited in the room, code 001 walked in "you... children Unit.1, a boy recognised by his fast thinking... you took part in the mission 16976 of the trained, not easy" in "the project" every division had numbers for their mission all starting at 002, this has been going on since the start of the organisation but no one knows why they start at 002 "yes I was not in the field but one of the ten hackers, it was one of the hardest missions I've ever had" Liam did not like bragging but this was one of the few things he was proud of "I was the leader of that mission, being part of the adults unit.3" code 001 explained "but we are getting besides the point, it wasn't a fight between you and the other boys was it?" code 001 wanted to know how such a smart boy ended up like that "no... I was being bullied, Alex just wanted to help but Noah held him back" code 001 wasn't satisfied yet so she kept on "why were they bullying someone from their unit?" she asked Liam looked down at his shoes refusing to answer "ah yes... now I remember, code 2135 was the one that discovered wasn't he?" about a year ago there was a drama in one of the children's units that involved Noah and another boy that she couldn't remember the name of but now it was crystal clear, Liam nodded now crying as he was still traumatised from that day "code 2985 if this continues tell me ok?" even at that moment code 001 didn't show any emotions, she wanted to but it was hard...
  Liam thanked code 001 and they both left, code 001 was going back to the main room but she overheard something that caught her attention "I'm sorry I needed to hold you down, I was just playing along" a familiar voice said "no, it's fine you were just trying to help" code 001 immediately recognised that voice, Alex "so why were you helping such a loser?" now, code 001 knew perfectly who the other person was, Noah "I don't know..." she wondered why the two were together "come here my love" what? Alex... was with Noah? Code 001 was taken aback but did not confront them and just went back to the main room.

   She stood in silence in the middle of the room as if her bones had anchored her in that spot, what was she supposed to feel? Was she supposed to tell him she knew? She didn't know, but she thought it was best to stay silent about the matter as it was not her place to tell, annoyingly some guards passed by and told her that she had some work to do "piss off, I'm trying to think idiots" she wanted to kick all of those guards as none of them were friendly and just ordered her around even if they were a lower ranked "code 001, please cooperate, this year's ceremony will be soon and we need to ensure everything is ready" one of the two guards explained "I said piss off, now leave or we will have some problems" you could visibly see the guards get more impatient "we said you need to get to work child now go!" one of the guards was about to grab the girl "hey! She said piss off now go mind your own business!" Abbey's voice could be heard from the end of the corridor, the guards looked over to find the whole unit at the end of the corridor "oh little children are trying to fight the guards, come here little shits!" the other guard came running in Abbey's direction but was quickly blocked by Alex that punched the guard right in the middle of the face "you brats!" the guard that was going to grab code 001 also came running in the unit's direction but this time Eva punched her in the stomach "take that! Beaten up by some kids, shame on you!" Austin looked down at the now unconscious bodies of the two guards "what are all of you doing here?" code 001 asked "Jesus not even a thank you" Austin teased the girl, and they all joined code 001 in the main room "we were called by Adam as we are going to receive a new mission" Kylie explained, suddenly the TV turned on showing Adam's face "hello Unit.5, you all have received a mission, you will all be infiltrating an illegal base that has been holding ginormous amounts of weapons, at night you watch and in the morning attack, good luck" after Adam's explanation the TV turned off leaving the unit to organise themselves "ugh, I hate overnight missions" Eva complained "don't worry we all will probably fall asleep so yeah" Austin assured, "all of you get packing, I've just been sent the location so let's go!" Abbey ordered. Everyone is supposed to take three weapons and the mission uniform that is a tight black suit that has a colour corresponding to each unit, in Unit.5 their colour was light red.