chapter five

These robots...
   always fighting, they were programmed to do that... hate...
   The only emotion I'm aloud to show in battle... hate...

  Code 001 walked over to the rest of the unit only for them to realise that she was injured "code 001!" Kylie jumped over the fence that the platform had and ran over to the girl that was still walking as if nothing had happened "unit.5!" Kylie called when she got a better look at the injuries, the unit ran over to Kylie and code 001 "is it anything serious?" Abbey asked worried "she has some dee-" Kylie tried explaining but code 001 interrupted "a deep cut on my arm caused by robot.4, a second-degree burn on my leg caused by robot.2 and some minor bruises caused by the other robots" code 001 concluded, "how do you know all that?" Eva questioned code 001 diagnosis "I am not just trained to fight" she answered, the ground trembled alarming everyone except code 001 "what was that?" Austin asked "group fight has commenced, its one of Adam's tricks" code 001 explained unchanged what was happening "code 2410 stay with 2737, 2059 go with 2867 and 2086 you're going with me" she ordered, everyone got closer to one another so they could stay together in battle "one, two, three!" With that robots surrounded the unit "there are ten of them! Everyone takes two except Kylie! Kylie, you will make barriers and protect! Now go!" Abbey ordered impressing code 001 that now knew a bit more of their tactics "robots with uneven numbers can use fire so code 2737 prepare your barriers!" code 001 warned "barriers all ready! Just click your watch and it will activate! Headphones are on so everyone can use them!" Kylie explained, that the fight went well and in the end, no one was injured badly except code 001 that still had her injuries from her solo battle "Kylie and Austin take code 001 to the main room, this was a great fight now you all may go" Adam said calmly "I don't need assistance to thank you very much" code 001 lied as she couldn't even stand straight "will we need to have one of our talks or will you follow orders like a good girl?..." Adam asked "Coal..." he whispered into her ear causing her to eagerly nod "very well, stay down until further orders" he ordered, soon enough he left and code 001 was taken to the main room "hey Alex want to hang out with me?" Abbey asked "sorry Abbey I need to do some stuff for the project but maybe later" he apologised a bit nervous "ha! Take that loser! You need to do chores!" Eva provoked "shut up Eva, you are just happy because Abbey will hang out with you as you are her second option!" Alex shot back "Alex!" Abbey was shocked at the insults she was hearing from her friends.

   Code 001 sat on the sofa while Kylie looked in the cabinets for the first aid kit "wow, how are you not crying? Those are some bad injuries" Austin pointed out as he sat on the sofa next to the girl "got it!" Kylie exclaimed interrupting code 001 that was about to answer "get away!" Code 001 screamed when Kylie tried approaching her, she jumped from the couch and put herself in a fighting position, Austin was scared and Kylie was startled but she quickly realised what was happening "code 001..." she said in a comforting tone "get away!" She repeated to herself " there is no need to be scared... I won't hurt you" she assured the girl "no! I don't believe you!" She protested "they use to say that! But it was always a lie! Don't touch me!" She added "oh... code 001 I'm not whoever you're talking about, I would never hurt you" Kylie got down on her knees making code 001 look at her in a less threatening manner "come on," she said, this time code 001 listened to her and sat down in front of Kylie "can you show me your arm?" Code 001 hesitated for a moment but gave in quickly, she closed her eyes as hard as she could to try to stay unchanged but it surprised her when Kylie said she had finished and she hadn't felt a thing "see, it wasn't that bad" Kylie pointed out still with a calm and soothing tone "no it wasn't, thank you... I will be leaving now" she got up and quickly left the main-room "I think you embarrassed her" Austin commented "oh... she's-" Kylie tried explaining but didn't have the courage and ran to the girl's room "wait Kylie!" He followed her but didn't enter the girl's corridor out of respect.

    The unit reunited in the main room as they waited for dinner to be ready, "where is code 001?" Abbey asked when she turned to the living room to see that the girl was the only one that hadn't arrived "I don't know, probably plotting to kill us or something" Eva answered, you could see that Kylie and Alex got annoyed at Eva's comment "you will not tease code 001" Kylie said mad "wow Kylie, calm down it was just a joke" Eva didn't take Kylie seriously as it wasn't normal to see the girl mad "I said you will not treat code 001 like that!" Kylie got up from her seat ready to fight Eva "hey, hey! Let's all calm down!" Austin got up ready to hold someone down, with that code 001 entered the room "thank you code 2737, but I will not need anyone fighting for me so please sit down" code 001 said calmly as if she had some sort of plan "oh look who decided to show up, you put us all in danger last fight, you must be happy" Eva provoked, code 001 walked to the fridge and grabbed a glass of water and walked over to Eva "what are you going to do with that?" With that, the girl threw all her water onto Eva's uniform "what the hell?!" Everyone was shocked "you idiot!" Eva screeched, and with that, she ran to the girl's room "Eva!" Abbey exclaimed as she followed her, "she will be fine" code 001 assured the rest of the unit that decided to continue the rest of the afternoon normally.  "Hey, Kylie can I talk to you?" Austin asked as he sat next to the girl on the island "yeah sure, what's on your mind?" Kylie said calmly "I'm sorry for our last encounter, I didn't mean to make you cry" Austin apologised obviously very upset that he made the girl cry "no need to apologise! It was silly of me! I'm sorry for running away from you!" They both laughed it off as if nothing had happened, code 001 observed carefully how the humans interacted with no planning or thinking  "it's called trust..." Alex explained.