chapter nineteen

I will save you.
  I will save you. No matter what.
You are my priority, and nothing will come between me and my plan... not the council, not the guards, not the caretakers, not the bullies not even them...
  I promise I will save you.

   Code 001 woke up disturbed, it was all a dream, she sat down on her bed and look over at the clock, it was already one in the morning, she looked around the room to see Abbey and Eva listening to music with headphones on Abbey's bed, Eva felt that she was being watched so it wasn't a surprise when she looked over to code 001 to see the girl staring at her "come join us" she whispered to the girl, code 001 looked at bit surprised but she climbed down her bed and climbed up to Abbey's, Eva patted on a spot between Abbey and her, code 001 sat down just there and the three girl's stared at the darkness in silence, but for code 001 it was a comforting silence, all of them quickly fell asleep next to each other.
    The girls in the unit were woken up by a racket coming from the living room "Jesus! What are those boys up to?" Abbey asked "well, whatever it is it can't be good" Eva answered "it sounds like we're being attacked, should I get my weapons?" code 001 asked seriously "maybe it's best, at least we will have something to beat them up with," Eva said sarcastically "someone chose violence today" Kylie commented "yeah, yeah, let's just discover what this is all about," Eva said, they all got out of bed and without even getting out of their pyjamas headed to the living room, what the girls thought was going to be a stupid situation turned out to be much more serious, in the living room both of the boys were being held down by two guards "what's is this all about?!" Abbey asked shocked "code 001..." Alex mumbled half unconscious "what are you guards doing with these innocent agents?" code 001 asked the two guards "we were ordered to take code 001 to the meeting room but these two agents were getting in our way, so we did what was needed" the guard that held Alex down explained "how dare you treat my unit like this!" code 001 shouted before lunging at the guard holding Alex down, he tried grabbing her but she kicked him down, the guard holding Austin down tried holding her down but she punched him the stomach "code 001!" Kylie shouted but it was too late, the guard that code 001 had knocked down first had grabbed a knife from his belt and made a deep cut into code 001 leg and that guard that she had punched quickly grabbed her hands and put them behind her back  "you bastards!" Eva shouted ready to fight them but Abbey held her hand firmly "take me to the council" code 001 ordered the guard that held her, he started dragging her to the corridor with the other guard behind them "code 001..." Alex mumbled again "boys!" Kylie said when she finally processed what had just happened, the girls ran over to the boys that were laying down on the floor "Eva grab me the emergency kit!" Kylie ordered "yes!" Eva said, she quickly ran to the bathroom to search for the kit, "Alex? Alex! Are you ok?" Abbey asked as she held him in her arms "code 001... the council, the lab" Alex mumbled "the lab? What is he talking about?" Abbey asked "I don't know but if it's keeping him awake it's fine" Kylie answered as she tried to stop the bleeding coming from Austin's forehead "found it!" Eva announced as she came into the room with the emergency kit "great, give it to me please" Kylie said "sure, here" Eva handed the kit over to her, she grabbed some cotton swabs and handed some over to Abbey "damn, what did these guards do?" Eva questioned "I don't know but if they were so desperate to take code 001 it can't be good" Abbey said seriously.
     Code 001 stood at the edge of a long table, trembling with fear "code 001... this attachment of yours to Unit.5 is not what we would expect from you" a female voice said, "I'm not attached to them!" code 001 protested "do not speak to the council with such disrespect!" a male voice scolded her "I'm sorry my council" code 001 apologised "this attitude is unacceptable! Especially from such a higher up agent like you!" another male voice scolded code 001 "and as punishment, your visits with her will be cancelled" Adam said seriously "wha-! No, please!" code 001 begged "end of discussion" Adam stated, code 001 left the meeting room furious. When code 001 got to the main room she looked around for some seconds before heading straight to the girls room, "I wonder what happened with her" Abbey commented "I don't know, but she looks furious, she probably is in deep shit" Eva said, Kylie walked into the main room with a relived expression "so, how are they?" Eva asked Kylie "they will be just fine, give them a few hours" Kylie answered calmly "that's nice, but what took you so long? You're normally quick" Abbey pointed out "well, Alex was very fussy about where I put my hands, it made my job ten times harder" Kylie complained, "bitchy as always," Eva said sarcastically, Kylie walked over to the couch and sat next to the two girls "you did good, Kylie, don't worry" Abbey assured "thanks," Kylie said relived "ok, I get we're having a sentimental moment but am I the only one smelling smoke?" Eva asked the two girls "weird, now that you say it..." Abbey said, there was a loud crash and a long pause of silence, the girls looked at each other before running to the girl's bedroom where the sound had come from, when the girls got there they saw Austin and Alex standing at the door looking at something inside "what the fuck is this? An intervention? move ugly fuckers!" Eva shouted at the two boys that limped away from the door, code 001 was standing in the middle of the room in front of a pile of burning clothing "what the fuck is this?!" Eva asked loudly, she tried to step into the room but Alex held her weakly "Alex! There isn't time for this, the room is on fire!" Eva shouted, he slowly pointed at the floor that was covered in glass "code 001! Be careful! You have no shoes on!" Kylie warned "you're also bleedingfrom your leg! Code 001 please get away" Abbey begged but the girl didn't even flinch "what the hell is wrong with her?" Austin asked "I don't know! but the room is going to catch fire soon enough so let's get moving!" Abbey shouted, Kylie and Eva ran to get the fire extinguisher while Abbey and the boys tried to convince code 001 to get away "code 001! Please! Just get away from the fire!" Alex begged while he tried to reach forward but quickly fell, Austin helped him but also held him back, code 001 looked at Alex for a few seconds but turned back to the fire "what's wrong with you?! Can't you be reasonable for once?! code 001!" Abbey pleaded but there was no response "we found it!" Eva announced as she came running with the fire extinguisher in hand "come on! Do it!" Austin said desperately "isn't this shit toxic?! Should we really spray it on a literal child?!" Eva asked, "just do it already!" Abbey shouted, Eva, sprayed the thing in code 001 direction, the room was filled with smoke before clearing up "code 001!" Alex shouted as he tried to reach for her but Austin held him back again "Kylie can you get the broom and the mop? Please" Abbey asked, Kylie, nodded and went running to the kitchen, Abbey walked to code 001 and looked in the same direction as her "cameras?" she asked "the council, they're always watching" code 001 mumbled, "what about the clock?" Abbey asked "they're always watching" code 001 mumbled again "what is wrong with her?" Austin asked Abbey "I don't know, she just keeps saying the same phrase over and over" Abbey answered worried, she tried tapping on code 001 shoulder but that just caused the girl to fall to her knees "Austin can you take me to her?" Alex whispered to his friend "yeah, sure" he agreed with some hesitation.