chapter eleven

Helping...
  She always helped me, she hugged me tight and would whisper something into my ear that I would never pay attention to but now...
  I wish I had remembered everything she had ever said to me... why me?

   Code 001 examined carefully Kylie's position "your head" code 001 pointed at Kylie's head that was tilting down as she looked to the floor in shame "my head?" Kylie questioned "your head is down, you won't be able to calculate your movements if you're not looking at the enemy" code 001 explained "oh..." Kylie looked up "try to punch the robot's stomach" Kylie nodded at code 001 suggestion, she started fighting and was able to last more than she normally would but was still beaten in the end "wow, thanks code 001!" Kylie was surprised at how much potential she had, code 001 had a sort of proud expression "code 001 be careful!" Austin screeched, code 001 turned around in his direction to receive a strong punch on the face caused by Austin's robot that had malfunctioned, code 001 held both of the robot's arms immobilising him "Austin can you please press the button on the robot's neck" code 001 asked calmly "ok!" He replied rushing to turn off his robot "wow that was a scare" Abbey joined them "yeah, sorry there, code 001!" Austin apologised "no need to apologise, please continue training," code 001 said indifferently, training continued until one o'clock when the unit was called to eat at the cafeteria where they went when wanting to socialise with other unit's.
   The cafeteria was big making it easier for unit's to socialise, the unit went together but separated when called into different groups, Alex was with most boys in the Unit.1, Eva and Abbey were hanging out with some girls from Unit.3 and Austin and Kylie sat together, "where is the loser girl from your unit Alex?" One of the boys of Unit.1 asked "why are you asking? Are you in love?" Noah provoked "yall need to shut up, the girl is literally a kid and she probably went to the park" Alex replied "Jesus Alex, you look shit-faced!" another boy said laughing "shut up idiot!" Alex threw some of his food onto the boy's uniform "welp I need to go!" Alex quickly left the cafeteria before any fight could commence.
   Alex decided to check on code 001 as he was bored and had done all his chores, he went to the park to find code 001 at the edge of the lake that the organisation had installed "hey code 001! What are you doing?" Alex asked as he approached the girl "hey? What's wrong?" He sat next to her "the water... it's so calm... such a vulnerable feeling, I wonder how it is to be free" code 001 said shocking the boy that had never seen the girl say something like that "I wonder if it's lonely" Alex went along with code 001 conversation "probably not, it has the fishes, the plants and the rocks... the pearls make the water shine, they are unique" code 001 admired how calmly the water passed "why such interest in pearls?" Alex questioned "I don't know, they are just pretty, they say they are supposed to make you feel better" code 001 explained "oh" silence dominated, Alex looked at the water and found a loose pearl that had gotten stuck between two rocks, he took off his shoes and got into the water "what are you doing?" code 001 questioned, "you will see" Alex dived into the lake surprising code 001, the girl could only see the blurry figure of Alex that swam around until he reached a spot where he stayed for a bit then came back the surface "got it!" he announced "got what?" code 001 questioned "a pearl!" he said proudly "why?" she was still confused by why the boy had done that "for you, didn't you say you like pearls" Alex offered her the pearl and she shyly accepted "hey guys! Already starting the party without me!" Eva's voice could be heard coming closer to them "hey loser!" Alex greeted the girl that brought the rest of the unit with her "hello unit" code 001 also greeted the unit "Eva for Jesus's sake don't tell me you're going to swim in the lake with your uniform" Abbey questioned, "adios bitch!" Eva quickly jumped into the water "language!" Kylie said "welp it's too late to say sorry" Austin joined the duo in the water, and the two girls sat next to code 001 that admired her new possession "wow, that's one nice pearl" Kylie pointed out "yeah... Alex got it for me" code 001 explained, Abbey looked over to Alex that gave her a soft smile "hey Abbey!" Eva called "yeah Eva?" Abbey looked over to Eva "take this!" Eva violently splashed water over Abbey's uniform making her screech "you idiot!" she jumped into the water and chased Eva around, Kylie chuckled at the scene "don't think you two are escaping" Austin commented with the most mischievous grin "Austin don't you dare!" It was too late Austin made a ginormous splash that went directly on the two girls, while Kylie scolded Austin code 001 just looked shocked "did you just throw water at me?" code 001 questioned scaring Austin, the girl jumped into the water and for a minute looked at Austin before making a giant splash in his direction, Kylie and Alex burst out laughing "ha! Karma!" Eva joined the laughing "yall are evil" Austin commented. After some time Austin, Kylie, Abbey and code 001 got out of the water, Abbey sat on the edge of the rocks as she talked to Alex and Eva, Kylie and Austin laid down on the grass as they talked and code 001 was nowhere to be seen, "hey where did the kid go?" Eva asked "I'm right here" code 001 appeared hanging upside down on one of the trees "how did you get up there?" Abbey questioned as she laughed "are you all just stupid or is this a normal question?" code 001 jumped from of the trees and did a perfect landing on one of the rocks next to the lake "Jesus you kids get worse by the day" Alex commented "at least I know the basic laws of physics" code 001 said earning a shocked expression from the unit "this just shows the great influence we have" Austin teased "yeah, Adam is going to be so mad when he sees what we've made out of his best agent" Eva joked "now let's get going, Adam said he had a last-minute mission for us" Abbey said when she looked at her tablet for new messages "we are going in our soaking wet clothes?" Kylie questioned "yes, I guess we are" Abbey looked at her uniform and sighed.