Chapter 4

March 12th 2250

Only one more month until the UA high school exam. During the day, me and Rumi have been training to our limits, while I spend my nights exchanging knowledge with the heroes. The league have been covering their tracks well and if I'm correct, they should have close to 250 thugs when they choose to attack.

Right now, I sat across from Rumi inside the busy cafe, taking comfort in the warm drink in my hands and the person sat across from me.

"What do you think of that vigilante? Horu I think the name was." I ask, wondering what her view was.

Rumi pauses, thinking for a moment before she gives an answer.

"I think he's pretty cool, he seems really strong, just makes me want to fight him." she pauses, in deep thought about the man in question. "Plus, he's done a lot of good for this city, can't help but admire him in a way."

I stared at her in slight relief.

Not many people are able to look past the illegal side of being a vigilante, it was refreshing to be around her.

"I have something I want to tell you." I start to speak, my eyes darting to the many people around the room, momentarily landing on the familiar barista's face.

She leans in closer to me, a small blush on her face, almost excited like she's been waiting for something.

"I can't tell you here though." Too many people. "Follow me."

After walking for a few minutes we reach an empty area, perfect. I reach into my bag, pulling out a small piece of fabric.

It was my mask.

In my hands to show it to her.

"I'll keep this short, I am Horu." My tone staying plain, unchanging, trying to hide my nerves.

She looks shocked, and almost disappointed. But I couldn't focus on the face she was making, the thought I would lose my closest friend to something like this plaguing my mind.

"If you wish to leave, you can leave, you probably wouldn't want to be connected with some vigilante anyway." I close my eyes, waiting for her to leave.

It's for the best if she does leave, I can't hurt her and possibly ruin her life because of this.

After a few seconds, she rams herself into me, hugging me as tight as her arms could let her.

"I don't want to leave you, no matter what." I let my shock appear on my face, knowing she wouldn't try and hurt me.

I know now, my feeling can't change about this, I want to be with her, no matter what.

"You can hate me later for this, but I don't know how to say it." She looks confused while I think for a moment before moving my face closer to hers, smashing my lips into hers, melting from her touch. She freezes, soon relaxing into the kiss. My hands roam closer to her face, holding her.

I pull away.

"I'm sorry, I sh-" she cuts me off with a kiss, pushing me back into wonderland and after a second she pulls back.

"Don't be sorry, I want this." Her hand laid on my face, her soft skin dancing across my own.

My face softens into a smile at her words.

She was the one for me.

I knew that now, and nothing would change the way I felt about it.