Chapter 9

April 24th 2250

All Might stared at me, his keen blue eyes trying to size me up.

My suit was simple black jumpsuit, similar to Eraserhead except the cloth was around my forearms and I had a hood that would turn into a mask when pulled over. The fabric was a light and malleable material that allows me to move quickly but also has a fairly high resistance to fire and insulated some electricity.

My knuckles and knees were surrounded by a harder material to give a harder hit to opponents, the same material also covered anywhere vital, like the forearms and chest area. I also had a belt around my waist that I always wore, which held essentials like smoke bombs and a few devices of my own, such as a beeper which would gather attention so I could distract people. Next to my belt held a sheathed katana with black and red fabric laced along the handle, a weapon I tried to avoid using due to how lethal it could be, but I make sure to work around it.

My shoes were covered in a thin sheet of metal that matched the rest of the costume, this metal was extremely lightweight but was rather tough so it still packed a punch. Overall I wish I had found these materials for my vigilante outfit.

Since the rest of the class had yet to show All Might started talking.

"Your Izuku? Correct?" I nodded my head, staring at him carefully as he spoke. "I must say, you interest me, many like you have tried what you are doing now, but none have succeeded, I look forward to what you achieve as a hero." He gave me one of his usual smiles, but I could tell there was something behind it, the cogs in his brain clearly turning. "Just some insight to the class, you will be pitted against each other to know your limits against a person, if you can't keep up, you could get hurt, but since you got first in the exam, I think it's the other that might get hurt. Am I right, Horu?"

I felt myself tense, before I let out a chuckle, making him confused.

He's not all muscle it seems, I guess you can't be an idiot if you're the number one hero. Since he knows, I saw an opportunity to let him know why Horu is a name to be feared.

"You're smarter than you let on, I imagine most of the public thinks you're all brawn." I took a couple steps towards him, staring deep into his eyes. "But I must ask, how is your wound? I can't imagine One for all is working well with it." I see him flinch In fear before I continue.

It doesn't matter if he figured out who I am, in times like this, I need to assert myself to a position so that he knows who he's up against. He may be the number one hero, but this information is valuable, much more valuable than my identity. Either way, they put a target on our heads, but his puts the public into panic. The number one hero no longer indestructible. No longer a natural born hero.

"You may have figured out my identity but you shouldn't underestimate the extent of my knowledge. Don't take this as a threat, for now I'm on your side, and I have no need to release this information. Ask Eraser or Nezu for information as to why I'm here."

His eyes held trace amounts of fear.

Good.

While I may respect him, I'd rather him fear me than like me. He may not fear me much but that sliver is all I need, soon my actions will only make it grow.

"I suggest we forget this happened, the class is arriving." I see him look over my shoulder while I take a seat near the building.

Once everyone arrived I stood up and made my way to Rumi while All Might starts the lesson.

A 2 vs 2 and the teams will be decided by lottery. I looked up when my name was mentioned, finding out that I'm in a team with Uraraka, the girl I saved.