Chapter 40

I watch as Fat stumbles with Red in his arms. I motion for him to follow me as we make our way out of the labyrinth. The wall starts to break apart around us as the tremors become more frequent. We both start to sprint out the building. Concrete falls around us as we dodge around it. After a minute of running we come across a downed body next to a door. Suneater. I kneel down next to him and motion for Fat to keep running. I see Suneater respond slightly to my touch and wrap my arms around him. I place him on my shoulder and start to run back to the entrance.

More concrete falls around us as the fight continues. A large piece starts to crack off from the wall ahead of us. I push my legs faster as it begins to collapse onto us.

"Get ready?" Before he can respond I throw him just past the chunk of concrete, landing at Fat and Red's feet, who were standing near the exit. The chunk lands before me, blocking my way. I look around and see a turning. "I'm gonna find a way around! Keep going, don't slow down for me!" I shout across the piece as I sprint away to the turning. I jump to the side to dodge a falling slab of concrete and keep running. I jump over obstacles and keep running. I slide under blockages and keep running.

I begin to feel the rumbling get closer and a loud 'Bang!' Echoes through the corridors. Overhual flies through the wall, landing in a pile of concrete. Lemillion follows through the opening and slams his fist into his body, sending golden sparks around his frame.

Overhual goes to grab him but his hand glides past him. Lemillion returns with a fist to his stomach, sending him further into the ground. With no time to think, I run over to the exit they've created and analyse a way out.

I begin the climb, gripping any outstanding rocks to pull myself up. Once I'm half way another rumble resounds. I lose my grip slightly and fall down a few meters. I grip onto a small ledge before I fall any further and pull myself up again. I keep climbing, moving to the side as swiftly as possible to dodge any falling slabs of concrete. I jumped off the wall onto the opposite side as there was nothing else to grip. I keep moving my arms one at a time, slowly reaching the top of the exit. I bring my hand up and grip tightly, moving my other hand and doing the same to the ledge. I hear the air behind me start to move, causing me to pull myself up and roll to the ground.

Not even a second later they both come flying out the hole. Each delivering blows, not letting up. I watch the sky closely and see Lemillion punch away his fake arms, making only stumps in Overhual's way. Before he can replenish his arms a barrage of fists take him by surprise. Overhual flies through the air, dazed from the hits. Lemillion follows close behind him and once Overhual slows down slightly, he dashes infront of him and readies his fist. The sparks around his arm brighten as One for All pushes through his body, into his arm as he delivers the final blow.

Overhual flies through the air, slaming into the ground. His consciousness starts to fade until soon enough he blacked out. I let out a sigh of relief as I begin to make my way back to Eraser. My steps start to slow as I reach the ambulance, greeting Eraser and Eri as I do.

"Hey Eri." I lift my mask to reveal my face. "It's me, Izuku." I see her eye widen in recognition. I guess the dark meant she couldn't recognise me at first. "Thank you, for holding on." I place a hand on her head right before she jumps towards me, wrapping her arms around me as she does. I slowly move my arms around her to comfort her. "It's okay now, you're safe." I feel my shoulder start to dampen from her tears making me tighten my grip around her. "I'll make sure you never have to feel that way again, I promise." I turn to Eraser and begin to talk with him.

"Make sure everyone has been turned in, we can't miss anyone as it could harm Eri's safety." I see him nod as I place Eri back on the ambulance. I unravel my arms around her but before I can walk away her grip tightens around me.

"Please don't leave." Her timid voice cuts through the surrounding sound. I look up to Eraser and before I can talk he cuts me off.

"Don't worry, we can handle this without you. Stay with Eri, I'll excuse you to your classmates and Nighteye." I send him a nod and stand into the ambulance, taking a seat with Eri still in my arms. "You did great today kid. I'm really proud of you." I give him a small smile as the door begins to shut, closing off my view to the outside. Before the door shuts entirely an emergency doctor gets in with us, causing Eri's grip to tighten in fear. The doctor tries to seem harmless but Eri's fear doesn't waver.

Eri was experimented on, presumably by doctors. It must be the outfit.

"Change your clothes." He looks at me confused. I move to block Eri's ears as I continue. "This is a girl that has been tortured by doctors, change your clothes." He starts to understand as he looks around the vehicle before taking off his apron and face masks, along with his surgical gloves. "It's okay Eri, he doesn't want to hurt you, he wants to help." Eri look over to the man, no longer in his professional clothes and loosens her grip on me. I move over to the bed and take a seat there and comfort Eri as the doctor did basic health checks.

After a couple minutes driving we finally reach the hospital where I'm guided to where her room would be. Once we reach our destination I kneel down beside the bed and lift her up onto the sheets. I stroke my hands along her arms trying to keep her warm. I suddenly get an idea and rip the hood off my suit and wrap it around her neck, using it as a scarf.

"There, hopefully that will keep you warm enough until I can get you some better clothes." I see her clench the fabric in her hands as she feels it.

"Thank you sir." I frown slightly.

"You know, I said you can call me Izuku." I see her flinch, as if she thinks she'll receive some sort of punishment.

"I'm sorry Izuku." I place both my hands on her shoulder as I keep kneeling beside the bed.

"Hey, no one is going to hurt you here." I give her a gentle smile. "And I will never lay a hurtful hand on your body." I see her nod slightly as tears begin to fall from her eyes.

"Thank you, for saving me." I bring her closer and give her a tight hug.

"I hope you'll be able to get some rest." I stand up, picking her up again and placing her further up the bed, laying her down on the pillow and bring the sheets over her frail body.

"Are you leaving me?" Her small voice pierces the silence.

"Don't worry Eri, I'll be sitting right here." I walk across the room and grab a lone chair, bringing it next to her bed. I take a seat and start talking again. "Now come on, get some rest. You'll need it." I place my hand on her forehead, gently grazing over her horn. "And don't worry if you don't see me tomorrow, I'll come visit you soon. But if you feel scared and I'm not around, remember the hood I've given you. It will give you strength just as it has for me."

I sit by her side for the next few minutes and hear as her breathing becomes more stable while her eyes start to relax. Until finally she fell asleep. I stand up and walk over to the door and open it wide. I look at the clipboard on the door and grab a blank page, sticking it to the door. On the page I wrote 'Don't look like doctor. Doctors scare her.'

I take a deep breath and move over to the wall. I let my legs collapse as I slide down the wall, taking a seat at the bottom. A few minutes pass by before I hear a familiar voice.

"Izuku." I look up to see Aizawa at the end of the hallway. He begins to walk over to me and reaches his hand to me, which I grab and pull myself up. "Let's get you checked up, since we both have little injuries I suspect we'll be able to leave by today, but who knows what could happen." I give him a small nod and walk over to the room besides Eri. I move over and take a seat on the bed. Aizawa moves to the door and calls out for a doctor, asking for both of us to get a check up.

As I sit, I can only think of one thing,

What's next?