Chapter 52 - epilogue

12th March 2251

One year. It's been one year since we started dating. I look ahead of me at this monument of stone, erected in the place of Jaku hospital since it's destruction. Many people had heard about what Izuku had done and demanded it be built for not only him but for every hero that fell on that day. The monument had a list of names of the heroes that died but at the top of the list in bold writing was the name, 'Izuku.' Just under his name at the top of the list was also the name 'Horu.' Very few understood All Mights request when he said that, but they knew he must've had his reasons.

I kneel down to the base of the monument and gently place a bouquet of flowers. They were purple Hydrangea, his favourite. A handful of people knew this including me and Bakugo.

I take a deep breath as I stand back up. I reach into my pocket and pull out a small locket and run my finger along its edges. I ignore the piles of people coming to honour the fallen and keep staring at his name.

"Rumi!" It was feint but it managed to turn my head to the source. I try to look past everyone and finally see Katsuki. "Come on! The class is waiting on us!" I let out a sigh and take one last look before leaving.

I weave my way around the people and finally get to Katsuki. He leads me to the car park and we reach his bike. He passed me a spare helmet and I hop on the back after he sat down. I place my hands on his shoulders and we were off.

We ride for several minutes and soon enough we come into view of UA. By now the sun was close to the horizon and made the clouds shine in a pink hue. After parking we walk into the common room and meet our classmates.

"Hey Rumi! How you feeling?" I turn to Ashido and make small talk until it was time.

"Guys! It's on!" I turn to Yaoyorozu as she shouts out and We all turn to the tv and move to get a better view.

I look at the screen and find a news reported standing in front of a statue covered in a tarp.

"Almost three months ago today we faced a threat and our heroes stood against that threat to protect our future. Many years ago we built a statue for our number one hero All Might who did the same thing, and today, right next to him is a new statue. One that will be revealed in just a few minutes." The reporter touches their earpiece and nods slightly. "In other news, it has just been reported that the madam President of the hero safety committee and several others have been arrested. In light of the villain Dabi, also known as Touya Todoroki, revealing the secrets of not only his family but also the hero commission, they have finally been brought to justice after months of investigation."

I spare a glance to Todoroki and see him smiling slightly at the news.

"And with that, the statue is about to be revealed." Some men had moved to the bottom of the tarp and were beginning to pull at it. Soon enough the tarp had fell, revealing a statue. Once people had realised who it was everyone watching had begun clapping, and they showed no sign of slowing down.

It was a statue of Izuku. Or Horu, in his original suit as a vigilante. He had his arms spread wide in a protective motion to represent him keeping society safe. I feel a small tear fall onto my cheek as a smile infected my face.

I keep staring at the statue for several minutes, listening to the claps from the sofa.

You did it Izuku. You protected us, all of us.

As I sit and watch the statue I can only wonder,

What's next?