Chapter 47

14th August 2250

How did I get into this?

I was standing in front of a traditional Japanese house preparing myself to knock on the door. Normally I wouldn't be so hesitant, but this was Shoto's house, and I haven't been in the same room with Endeavour since the Sports Festival. I'm sure the man has changed but I'm only been able to base this off of Shoto.

I steel myself and move to knock on the door and after a few seconds a girl a couple years older opens the door. She had similar hair to Shoto but hers was mostly white with only a couple specks off red littering her hair. She wore a pair of glasses and had a bright smile greeting me.

"Ah, you must be Izuku?" I give a small nod and start talking. "I'm Fuyumi." She brings her hand out infront of her.

"Yes, thank you for having me." I grab her hand and give her a shake. She lets me in as she leads me through the house to the dining room. As we walk I think back to how I got here. Summer break had officially started a few days after my talk with Aizawa so work studies were on full throttle. Because of recent news with Best Jeanist, Katsuki didn't have a work study so he ended up going with Shoto and a couple days ago he had been invited to stay for dinner. Shoto must've thought this was a time to invite me and here I am, inside Endeavours house about to eat with his family.

"This is the dining room, any questions?" She give me a sweet smile as she stares up to me. I look in the room to feel the tension between everyone. I must've been the last one here. I look to Katsuki and see his eyes practically screaming for help.

"Yes, could you tell me where the restroom is please?" Before she can reply Endeavour speaks up, startling her.

"I'll show him where it is." I look over to him and see Shoto seemingly concerned for a small second. Endeavour must've complained about Horu on multiple occasions.

He stands up and walk over to me, guiding me to the restroom. His face held a calm expression, which now sported a scar across his left eye.

"You were right." I look up to his towering figure as he speaks. "He is his own person, not me." I give him a short nod and start talking.

"I must say, you seemed to have cooled down since I last saw you. I wasn't sure if you'd try and attack me once my identity was revealed."

"I've had help recognising my wrongs, you're words are among those that helped. That help you gave me made me realise that when you were against the law, you saved tenfold the amount of people I ever could." He hangs his head low as he escorts me.

He gives a light knock on the door as we reach our destination.

"You've changed a lot Endeavour. And I hope you change into a man Shoto would be proud to call a father. You're definitely on the right track for this to happen." I give him a small smile as I go to open the door. He lets me know that food will be ready in a couple minutes and begins to walk away.

After finishing, I wash up and stare at my reflection in the bathroom mirror. I let out a sigh at the situation I'm in and begin walking back to the dining room. I was met with silence and I take my seat opposite Shoto, next to his brother. I look around as everyone looks down to there laps.

"So what have you two been doing during you're work studies?" Katsuki looks up to me at disrupting the silence as I motion for him and Shoto to start talking.

"It's been mostly petty thugs, but we've mostly been trying to keep up with the old man." I silently thank Shoto for talking and watch as Katsuki speaks up.

"Yeah. You gotta give it to him, he sure is fast to arrive at the crime." I nod at that, remembering the times he would chase after me. Maybe a story like that would help Shoto's brother.