Chapter 26

"Dark shadow!" My anger is laced on my tongue as I shout up to him. "It's time you calm down."

I'm taking a shot here. Nezu once told me that his instincts were telling him to run. If dark shadow is as much of an animal as Nezu, he should hopefully recognise me as someone not to fight.

I keep my glare up as he starts to slowly approach. I see Shoji in the corner of my eye, ready to jump in.

Dark shadow raises his fist up and I see Shoji ready his legs, about to jump towards me. I raise my hand to stop him and wait for it to land. A feint.

Mere inches away his fist slams into the ground infront of me. I feel a small growl escape my throat.

"Calm down." I look him in the eye, I can't back down now. I reach my hand up and place it on the shadows forehead. "It's okay, your safe now." My voice tones down as he shrinks.

He continues to downsize as I keep patting his head, slowly getting more and more impatient.

"Thank you, Izuku." Tokoyami says. "I was terrified I might hurt you or Shoji, but you're different, I've never seen dark shadow back down like that." I start to walk away, already looking around to see what direction we should move in.

"Remember this Tokoyami, the only reason he goes out of control is because you're trying to repress him when you feel certain emotion. You need to talk to each other, to work with each other." I see him nod so I get Shoji's attention, walking back to the two boys. "Alright, we need to find the others, they're after Tokoyami and Rumi, so let's go."

As we run further into the forest we start to hear explosions and run towards them.

"That must be Bakugo!" Shoji shouted out.

"He's probably fighting, so get ready to help."

When we arrive I see both Shoto and Katsuki righting a man in a stray jacket above the ground, using his teeth to stay up.

"Tokoyami, take him out." I order and watch as dark shadow appears and dashes towards the man. He surrounds him and breaks off any teeth, knocking him out quickly in the process.

"It's good to see you." I look to Katsuki. "You heard the message I assume?" I see him nod. "Good. Now then, Rumi went in before you so let's stay on the path and find her." I order and start to move along. They all start to follow and soon we are running along the path.  After a minute or so we start to enter a light pink mist. I take a small sniff of the air and stop.

"Careful, it's some kind of knock out gas."

We start walking along the path until we meet Uraraka and Tsuyu, except there was someone else. A girl, around our age. I look to Tsu and see her hanging from her hair while Uraraka was on top of the girl.

I turn to see Shoji shouting towards them.

"Hey, are you Ok?" I see everyone turn their eyes towards us and watch as the girl jumps up, out of Uraraka's hold.

"That's a shame, I was hoping for some more fun." A blush forms on her face as she murmurs something to herself and runs away into the forest.

"Don't chase her, it's not worth it." I stop Uraraka before she tries. "Have either of you seen Rumi, they're after her and Tokoyami so we've been trying to look for her while keeping him safe."

"What do you mean 'keeping him safe'? Tokoyami isn't with you." I feel my blood turn cold as I look around, spotting that he wasn't with us here. I hear a branch creak slightly and turn towards the noise in an instant.

I see a man wearing a top hat with a white mask that has a black design. He has a plain black suit on with an orange shirt along with a cane. Compress, he's only been known for theft and robberies so far.