Chapter 6

"Deku?" His voice sounds surprised, confused maybe, and a lot quieter than I imagined.

I turn my head, ash blonde hair with dark red eyes gently looking at me. Katsuki Bakugo.

Unlike my mother, I never bothered to keep tabs on him so I know only assumptions about how he could act.

At best, those assumptions meant nothing.

"Bakugo." My voice stayed calm, I still don't know how he's changed, if at all.

He flinches, clearly from how I'm not calling him his childhood nickname 'Kacchan'.

Over the last couple years I've had the opportunity to leave behind my past feelings, my pain and anger that he caused me.

But none of that will matter depending on how he acts.

"But," he stumbles over his words. "Aunty said you-"

"I think it's best we talk after the exams, seeing as they are about to begin." I cut him off and turn around, I need to focus.

After a few minutes, I'm sat down. I could see Rumi a few seat ahead of me and send a quick wave, watching as she waves back. A smile sets on my lips, quickly disappearing when I notice Bakugo sat beside me, only to stare at me as if  I had come back from the dead.

Even after the presentation begins his gaze doesn't leave me. I also notice Eraser's gaze on me from the corner of the room.

Once Present mic had finished his speech about the written exam, we began. I took my time, don't want people to think I'm too smart.

I'm still not too sure whether I should hide my abilities, or if I'll stay in UA after I've finished my mission. Since I was a child I've wanted to become a pro hero, to save people, but I've realised I don't need to go pro to do that and after all the information I've gathered about most heroes, I'm not sure if I want to work alongside people who are worse than than the people they put away.

But right now, all I need to think about is the exam, making sure I finish 15 minutes before the end and shutting my eyes. Extending my senses, I hear pens and pencils rush along paper. I open one eye to see how Rumi is going and see her head already lying on the desk.

I decide to close my eye again and try to rest, although it seems I rested too long as some blue haired kid was standing and pointing towards me.

"And you! What do you think you are doing, if you're not going to take the exams seriously then why are you even here." He shouts, is that a robot?

The way he moved his arms was much like one. His movements were rigid, really rigid, and it made me question his humanity.

"Look, I already know everything I need to know from the pamphlet, so sit down and stop disturbing others." He looks down in shame and seems to stiffen even more before sitting down again.

After sitting down Present Mic continues while I zone out again. I still feel both katsuki's and Eraser's eyes on me but after I just shouted I think most peoples eyes are on me.

A few minutes later we had all gotten to our exam areas where I notice the blue haired boy coming over to me.

What now?

I feel my irritation grow with each step he takes.

"I would like to apologise for my actions. I shouldn't have called you out like I did and I hope you can forgive me." He bows a perfect 90 degrees, once again making me question how humane he was.