Chapter 15 : One Step Closer?

INAYA POV :

I stood there in the same position when he repeated, "I'd prefer to be called by my name when you call me. NO 'BROTHER', NO 'SIR' and most importantly, NO 'MR.'"

My heart fluttered at his comment but I controlled my internal storm as I heard someone stepping closer to my room. The jingle of the bracelets clearly indicated it's Alina.

I hurriedly put my hands on his shoulder, okay now I understand how short I actually am, NO wait, I'm 5'4 already, it's just that he's so tall. And this what is making me jealous.

I pushed him and somewhat managed to say "Okay.. Alina is coming.. Zev" in spite of my continuous racing heart that caused me to be so nervous.

"So?" He asked.

Is he dumb or something?

"Move aside you dumb" Whoa....

I put my hands on my mouth, "I'm sorry I speak non-sense when I'm nervous."

"So I make you nervous?" He asked in the most innocent way possible.

Thankfully, Alina stepped in that moment like some God sent angel. She kinda bowed, "I hope I have not disturbed anything or did I? I am sorry in either way."

My overdramatic bestfriend.

"By the way guys" She continued, "the whole house is clean now, come, have a look here." She told us and we followed her to her room to see a thing... a bit weird.

Ethan was placing her books on the table. Wow Alina you made him do this? Greattt. Okay I agree it was not turning out to be the best one but at least he was trying, the poor guy.

I held back my laugh and said, "Umm you better should give me that Ethan, lemme do that."

I proceeded but suddenly Zev held me back by my arm, "Let him do that Inaya, you see, he's enjoying it... aren't you Ethan?"

"Yes bro, I'm enjoying so much, see I haven't done these kind of things in nearly a decade.. It feels so good, thanks to Alinaaaaa" he insisted on the 'a' like the way you do it when you like someone a lot.

"Ahem okay" Zev continued, "I used to do everything when I was a child, I studied in a boarding school you know.. I even learnt cooking later."

"Oh you can cook?" I asked him.

Wow, I just love men who can cook. I felt just so proud of him as I am unfortunately not so good in that area.

"He cooks so well" Ethan said, "He often cooks for us after we plead him a lot" He chuckled.

"Don't worry, you'll taste it someday." Zev said and my mind stopped.

Does he like to play with people's heart? He knows pretty well that we, probably will never meet again once he steps out of here. My heart clenched at the thought.

"Let's eat something guys, my poor stomach is roaring already." Ethan said dramatically and Alina made a 'Oh I feel so bad for you' kinda face.

THE DRAMATIC PAIR, LORD!

"Ethan do you wanna taste Biriyani?" She smiled wide.

"NOT ONLY BIRYANI BUT...CHICKEN TANDOORI....RESHMI KEBAB" I added suddenly being so excited.

"Oh wait I should order those." with that I took my phone out to order.

And I was doomed.

The wallpaper was Zev's picture.