Chapter 24 : Serene Seaside

INAYA POV

I stopped walking at the sight of the massive house standing before us in the outskirts of Montecito, Zev's hometown. A slight vision of the blue sea was peeking from behind that meant we're basically on the beach itself, as the ocean was his backyard.

"It is gorgeous right?" Ethan said with a smile plastered on his lips as we walked into the house resisting my immense urge to run down at the shore. We didn't have much luggage which was carried inside as well.

This was Zev's country house but that didn't mean his parents are here, it was just one of his super favourite places to play in his childhood so he bought a whole house when he earned enough and kept on visiting to have mental peace from time to time. His parents lived somewhere else of which I didn't know enough yet.

An elderly lady welcomed us and showed us our respective rooms. She introduced herself as Lilybeth and I said her that I liked her name. In response to which she chuckled and hugged me.

She wasn't Zev's real grandma but someone who looked after him since his childhood so he called her as 'grandma' and so did the rest of the members including Ethan.

"So bro" Ethan said while putting the butter toast into his mouth, "What about watching a movie together now?"

"Can't you think of anything else that includes some physical work instead of letting your ass rest on some cozy sofa all the time?" Zev questioned with an eyebrow up.

"Sorry but I'm not gonna listen to you" Ethan showed his tongue and we all laughed.

"Does he always act like this?" Al asked throwing a weird glare at him.

"He's always like that" said Lilybeth while she brought us some more of the foods, "I'm witnessing this lad's behaviour since he's born. He is still the same kid." She leaned in to whisper, "Apart from that he brought his girlfriend this time with him!"

"Girlfriend?" Al choked on her food.

"Yeah- that's what he said to me" Lilybeth looked at her being confused, "Aren't you his girlfriend?"

"Not yet grandma" Ethan said and Alina blushed.

I secretly wriggled my eyebrows at Al. 'Ahem-umm-what-is-going-on-sis?"

"Now Zev, you brat too don't tell me you haven't confessed to this sweet girl yet." she pointed at me and I felt my cheeks flush pink.

"She's my girlfriend" he took his handkerchief and wiping his slender fingers he spoke up, "I do things on time you see."

"That's my boy" Lilybeth spoke up and I tried to look anywhere but at Zev in an attempt not to show him my face that was super flustered.

"Except that you never went to school on time."

We laughed at her words and I asked, "Really grandma? He was always late to class? like always?"

"The last one!" she said and we laughed once more while Zev was busy hiding his face behind his phone.

After we finished eating it was almost the noon and Zev finally agreed to Ethan's plan to watch a movie together after the lunch. I was given a room in the first storey just beside Alina's. Ethan's and Zev's were at the end of the corridor on the opposite side. The house was real big and had so many chambers in it including a hall and a huge car parking lot on the ground floor. Perfect to spend a family vacation in.

It was really nice talking with Lilybeth while I and Al helped her a bit in the kitchen chores. She stays here quite alone most of the times and often gets visits from either Zev's parents or Zev himself; sometimes alone or sometimes with the members of the band. It's really rare for him to bring some friends other than the band members so at first, she was surprised to see us.