Chapter 20 : Closer

INAYA POV

"Why are you here?" He stopped walking leaving a distance of five inch between us and I felt my back touching the cold marble of the sink behind me.

That's none of your business.... I wanted to scream this but immediately stopped, controlling my outburst. I don't have any right to be angry on him. He was here on a date with his girlfriend totally minding his business until it was me who appeared in the wrong scene.

"We came to attend a concert" I said looking anywhere but at him, "ROCK4's concert." I shrugged conveying him a message that he doesn't have to care about me that much because it only gets my hopes high...

"Our concert!" he exclaimed and looked at me intensely, "Nice to meet you again, Inaya."

He talked so calmly and nicely as if nothing happened a few minutes ago. Does he kiss around so often that it doesn't bother him anymore?

I got reminded of what I have seen him some time ago and I felt a weird sensation. I need to escape from his eyes before I break down again. For no reason. I hate myself for being so vulnerable like this. I had been in a good condition by now had he not showed up before me like this just after I made myself okay.

"You should go now Zev" I said, trying hard not to show any kind of anger or jealousy in my voice which was apparently in me to be very honest. "Your girlfriend must be waiting outside for you."

He examined me carefully with an amusing expression with the corner of his lip raising slightly. What's so funny?

He finally spoke up, "Are you talking about the girl you just saw ? She's not my girlfriend."

"I understand Zev.....It's okay if you don't want to share...I am sorry....but I just saw you kissing....I had no intention to do so but I happened to enter at the wrong time!" I didn't see him kissing clearly but I'm sure he did. I felt a heartache but anyway, it doesn't mean anything to him.

He checked me out with a smirk on his face, and with his hands kept in his both sides in the pockets of his pant.

Can I take a moment to appreciate how good is he looking right now?

Wait, focus Inaya.

"I won't tell it to anyone even if you are dating." I said holding my breath for a second, as I was becoming weaker now. At least his 'yes' would clear my assumptions and I can move on after that.

I gripped my skirt tightly ready to an approving answer but instead he spoke up, "Why, are you jealous?" He came even closer and my breathing hitched, "Are you upset that I didn't kiss you?"

Wait what? Is he playing cheesy OR intentionally hurting my feelings!

"Me?" I laughed off, "I'm nowhere near being jealous Zev. There isn't a reason for me to be so."

I tried to turn round to hide the anguish I had been facing. I don't know on whom I'm upset, me or him.

He gripped onto my arm tightly so that I can't move. He said, "I really doubt that Inaya. Anyway, I want to make something clear. Yes, I'm here on a date, but not on my will as Edward forced me to come. About that girl, thanks to you for coming on the right time. You rescued me from her kiss."

I basically wanted to laugh the way he said that but I had to maintain my 'so what' expression at that moment.

"I can't say how glad I'm am to see you again, I thought I'd never see you." He spoke up his eyes showing a lot of emotions which I couldn't read so well.

I wandered what should I reply because I was as glad as him meeting him here.. or maybe even more. I couldn't force myself to say a word as all these circumstances were whirling in my mind, messing up my thoughts at that moment.