Chapter 29 (NEW) : Sweet Jingling

ZEV POV :

"You're my cute jealous bear.... I love you." She ran past me saying this. She went out of the door taking hurried steps. I looked at her fleeing out of the room while the sweet jingling sound of her anklets rung throughout it. She must have put on those only today, for I haven't noticed her wearing anklets before.

"This girl...." I chuckled to myself. How come I have never imagined of being in love before? She feels so good, she feels heaven. It was the moment my eyes fell on her something sparked up in me, as if alarming me saying she's the one.

I stood up smiling, and touching my hair with my hand to hide the little blush that formed on my cheeks. She hardly compliments directly, so when she called me cute that made me feel butterflies in my stomach. Thank God, Ethan isn't around. Otherwise he would have teased the shit out of me right now.

After just taking one step towards the door when something clicked under my foot. Glancing down, I found an anklet laying on the floor right beside where I was standing. I bent down, and took the anklet in my hand. It must be Inaya's. The way she ran hurriedly it must have fallen onto the floor by then.

I kept glancing at the beautiful thing. The designs were so unique and elegant... typical Indian styled. I shook it slightly. And it rang again.... the sound... so beautiful... so soothing.

I stood up and shoved it inside my pocket considering that I'll return it to her later.

I went back to the dining table where the rest of the people were still sitting and peacefully having their meals. I glanced up to see Inaya looking up at me when I sat beside her. She resumed eating after the brief eye contact we had.

"I need more of the fish fry....please" Ethan spoke up all of a sudden. He looked up at Alina who was sitting beside him having her favourite cheeses with the utmost delight.

"Get it yourself.. why are you looking at me?" Alina snorted and made a weird face at him.

Inaya started laughing looking at them. I couldn't help but laugh too seeing her. She glanced up at me holding back her laugh for a moment, but soon joined me again. They way Ethan made a disappointed pout to attract Alina's attention made it impossible for both of us to stop.

Inaya put her hand before before her mouth and spoke up, "Sorry we shouldn't laugh" but hardly could control it even after that. "I'm bringing it, Ethan wait. I'm done anyway." She said and rose from her chair to head towards the kitchen where the rest of the dish was.

"Hey Inu" Alina spoke up. Inaya stopped and looked back, "What?"

"Where's the other anklet?" Alina asked pointing at her empty foot.

"Wait what..." She glanced down at her foot, "Where's that? I don't know, did I just lose it somewhere?"

She looked worried and looked around her.

"Don't worry bhabi, it must be somewhere in the house only. I saw you wearing it in the morning." Ethan spoke up while casually putting in his mouth the last fish fry he had on his plate.

"Yes, it has to be in the house...wait" She suddenly realized something and spoke up while trying hard not to blush, "What on earth did you call me Ethan!!"

Ethan stopped with whatever he was doing and glanced up at her. It took a moment for him to remember what he actually said. He then smirked, "Well that's what Al told me that you are to me in relation."

Inaya blushed even more, "For God's sake do you know the meaning?" she pretended to adjust her hair and Al laughed out.

"Of course he knows the meaning" both Alina and Ethan shared a glance, then smirked at Inaya.

Am I the only one who's not understanding anything? I thought putting my spoon down to the table.

Yeah seems like so.

"Al... I'm dealing with you later" Inaya pointed a finger to her sister and hurried to the kitchen. Alina and Ethan now turned to me with their smirking faces on.

"What are you guys talking about....." I spoke up but they interrupted me by saying, "Ask Inaya. She knows better."

Being restless on the table without Inaya sitting beside me and being impatient and curious about what does the word bhabi mean, I dropped the spoon on the table standing up.

"Umm.. I'm going to the kitchen.. " I said before walking out of there.

I reached the kitchen and found out her searching up for something around. I cleared my throat in the entrance to make her know my presence. She glanced up at me, the pink shades on her cheeks clearly visible yet.

"I have come here to know something" I spoke up leaning on one of the walls in the kitchen.

"No! Don't! I know what are you gonna ask me... you should ask them out instead" She said not meeting my gaze.

"But they told me to ask you" I said crossing my hands together focusing my eyes on her.

"You don't have to know, leave it" She spoke up looking into the bowl of fish fry she had in her hands.

"No tell me" I shoved my hand into my pocket and brought out the thing out. The jingling sound of the anklet made her look at me in a second. I smiled and held it high before her, "See, what I have got."

She walked up closer to me. The anklet dangled between our faces. Held In between my two fingers.

"Where did you find it!" She was amazed and reached up her hand to take hold of it.

"Not now baby" I smirked as I held it higher, "At first tell me what made you blush so much?" She retreated her hand and bit her lower lip.

"Well" She spoke up and I bend down to her level, "yes?"

"Goodness Zev, you'll not leave me so easily" She tucked a hair strand behind her ear, "Listen then."

"Yes say madam" I said leaning in to her. She pressed her both lips together and I roamed my eyes over them.

"Bhabi is...sister in law... in Hindi... you know" Just after finishing the line she jumped up a bit to take the thing off my hand, "Now give me my anklet back."

"Not like this... Ethan's dear bhabi" I smirked up at her understanding the whole thing now and she blushed hard listening to that. "I think I should start taking Hindi lessons to Alina... she'll teach me nice words to call you just like she did to Ethan." I said.

"Shut up" she laughed out, "Yes you should... but I can teach you better."

"Of course you can" I smirked and she chuckled.

I got down on the floor holding the anklet. She glanced down at me, confusedly. I smiled and placed her foot that was then empty, on my thigh.

"Zev?" She looked down at me trying to figure out what I was doing. I enjoyed every bit of it. Slowly, I tied the accessory around her ankle and then let it fall on the floor again. It jingled sweetly.

"Thanks" She said.

"It's beautiful" I replied.

"Thanks again" She smiled now.

And I pecked her lips.

.

.

.

Hiiii!!

How do you like the chapter!! Some ideas came up in my mind and just decided to add up this chapter just like that!!

I hope you guys liked this one hehee.

Don't forget to vote!

Love you all!!! <3