The Monster Inside Him

By BudJun
One day, during a mission in the Russian embassy, while spying on Joshua, Joshua said "Hey Ben! I know your in the vent. Come on out!"

Erica and I groaned. Joshua always knew we were spying on him.

When we came down, Erica was about to attack him. He showed us, particularly me, the contents of his tablet. It looked like a video call. No, it was one. On the other side, was my parents. And a gun to their head.

Joshua smirked, but Erica was confused. She had never seen Bens parents. She frowned, asked who they were, and kept attacking Joshua. What happened to Joshua wasn't important. He died, for good.

But a split second before he was finally laid to rest, he yelled the command: Fire. So the agents did. They fired.

That day, although to everyone else is seemingly normal, something happened. Something happened inside Ben. To this day, no CIA researcher knows how to explain it fully scientifically, but they know it was emotional distress.

That day, and monster was released. Through the following months and years, during more and more adventures and missions, the monster was hatching. It trained itself, hard. Every single passing day, although to others nothing has happened, a hatred grew and grew in Ben's heart. A hatred that soon turned into rage and anger. A year after the incident, Ben couldn't hide it anymore.

Of course, he still lived Erica, but that love has dwindled. Just like most people, a large part of their heart will always remain with their parents and relatives. And when that part of their heart dies due to the actions of another loved one, that loved one is no longer loved.

That's what happened to Erica and Ben. Ben at first pretended everything was fine, but he distanced himself from anyone or anything he lived, and soon enough, he got the nickname "The Ice King". He trained and trained, and could soon defeat Erica with her full power, and while using only a fraction of his own.

Soon enough, he turned. Turned into the monster that has been hatching and growing and thriving inside him.

Erica, being the spy that she is, noticed. So did everyone else. When ever she would try to approach Ben, she would always either be going to the medical bay, or be crying and running outside. And soon, the same thing that happened to Joshua happened to Ben. The was blown up while on his way to his dorm. Only he survived. And joined Spyder.

Over the next few years, he would work behind the scenes, and sometimes in the field too. He would rise in the ranks pf Spyder, and eventually be came the best ever agent the malicious organisation had. He had a few run-ins with Erica and his old friends, who although years has passed since his presumed death, wanted revenge. They wanted to destroy Spyder and every single person related to the death. With the blessings of Cyrus, they all went rogue.

Little did they or Ben know, this run-in would be the last one.

One day, the higher-ups at Spyder decided that Erica and her friends were too much of a thorn in their side. They decided to kill them off. To add to their pain, they sent their best agent to do it: Ben. And killed them he did.

He set a trap for Erica. He wrote in a note that said

" To Erica & Friends:
Greetings. Long time no see. I have been captured by Spyder after the explosion. They have finally agreed to pet me send you a note to assure you that I am alive. If you don't believe me, go to the monument of our first moment together.
Yours truly, Benjamin Ripley."

Erica of course took the bait. They went to the monument. At the top, there were pictures of Ben in different places, in handcuffs, and somehow with Erica in the background, who they circled, during their many adventures to avenge Ben. They couldn't believe their eyes. But out of nowhere, Spyder agents in masks came and held them at gunpoint. One of them, who Erica assumed was the commanding officer, took of their masks. It was Ben.

Erica gasped. Mike started tearing up, and Zoe was just too stunned to speak. Jawa and Chip was also frozen in shock. Ben just looked at them, and drugged them.

A day later, in one of the Spyder hideouts, The group of friends awakened, just to find Ben pointing a gun at them, though primarily at Erica. He smiled and said "So do you miss me?" Erica screamed the word betrayal over and over. Over the next week, every day, one of them was killed. Jawa and Chip were first, then Zoe. Next was Mike, and although Ben shed a single tear when it was Mikes turn, he did it anyway. At last, it was Erica. She was crying and begging him not to. Ben's eyes softened, and he leaned in and kissed Erica on the lips. She was surprised, be she kissed back anyways, only to have a bullet in her brain immediately after. She didn't even realised what Ben did. At the end, she was happy.

Ben was left crying, for the first time in years. He resigned from his job at Spyder. Although normally they would kill him, no one dared to.

The monster inside him has finally left him. His rage was over, but the pain was still there. Not long after he was found to have cut of his own head.