Ben's...Dead?

"No Ben, not there!" I screamed as I ducked and swung my fist, connecting to an enemy agent's jaw. A sickening crunch told me that I had found my target, and I immediately ran after Ben.

It was a dark night and I couldn't really see the ground. I stumbled around for a few minutes before gaining my pace. 

I wish the moon would just come from behind that cloud, I thought annoyed. But I had also practiced this before, killing enemies blindfolded. But it was still quite hard.

Ben had run directly for a group of armed enemy agents. While I tried holding the enemies back, he had started to attack the enemy agents. He gave a roundhouse kick to the nearest enemy, disfiguring their face.

Ben's POV:

I ran to the enemy. I had to injure or kill them all before they got to Erica. Or I would have to move to Plan B. After kicking and punching as hard as I could I started to get tired. It has been so long since I got proper sleep. The agents took advantage of that and as I turned around I saw a huge fist colliding with my head. I suddenly felt dizzy and blacked out. The world swirled. Familiar voices crept in my head.

[flash back]

"It doesn't matter if you want to or not. The mission wasn't assigned to you, and you shouldn't know about it," whispered Erica, as she leaped off into the cloudy night.

[Second flash back]

"Never talk to me again!" Screamed Erica after we argued about the mission.

Erica's POV:

A fist collided with Ben's head, he then collapsed. I ran towards his limp body, I carried him to the side. By now, all the enemy agents had their attention on me.

Ben stood up slowly and started running towards the cliff. He fell a few times and looked very dizzy. Then he started screaming to attract attention. Although his voice was raspy it was also quite loud, and agents started to follow him. 

Where was he going?

I looked carefully and made out a cliff. He was leading them towards a cliff!

I realized what he was going to do.

"Stop! Don't do this!" I screamed my voice cracking as I knew I could not stop him. 

I ran anyways as fast as I could as he dropped out of sight. Plummeting down below. Off the rocky edge of a huge cliff. And along with him went my heart. I crumpled to the ground crying. When was the last time I cried? Its been years. 

Finally, the full moon made its way past the clouds and shone down illuminating everyone's shocked faces.