Chapter 7

(Faith pov)

May-6th-2018
Faith's apartment📍

Faith's thoughts: "If she doesn't want to talk about then let her be, right?"

Today is my birthday reason why I told Ariana I was busy. Didn't want her to go all out, but that doesn't matter Courtney's worried so that means I should worry too.

Faith's thoughts: "She needs you Faith." 

I get ready & head out looking back making sure I didn't leave anything on. Maybe she's okay & Courtney is just overreacting.

Faith's thoughts: "It seems like it's going to rain again." 

I look up at the cloudy sky as I head to the bus stop. I don't have to wait & get on heading to her place.

Ariana's house📍

I ring the doorbell & wait, Ari opens up standing there cute as ever.

Ariana: "Hey what umm, hey." 

Faith: "Hey, I was done with work early & I thought you'd need some company."

Ariana: "Make yourself at home." I notice she wipes her eyes. "Courtney just went out, she won't be back for a while, want anything to drink."

Something was up I could just tell, I wanted to ask what it was but I didn't want to be straight forward.

Faith: "Nah I'm good, what have you been up to lately."

She hesitates to respond.

Ariana: "The usual popstar duties." She smiles weakly.

It was awkward smiling back at her silence. I wanted to say something but the words couldn't come out of my mouth.

Faith thoughts: "I'm just going to ask her."

Faith: "Is everything okay."

Ariana: "What!?"

Faith: "Is umm everything okay?" I ask nervously.

I wait nervously for her response.

Ariana: "I'm fine okay, nothing's wrong…you don't need to worry."

I smile, & think to myself how everything turned. This time I was the one worrying about her. We had some small talk, but she didn't open up & I can tell seeing it through those eyes, she's hurting.

I know those eyes because those were mine everytime I stared in the mirror.

Faith: "You can't act like everything is okay, I know it when I see." 

It's funny hearing those words come out of my mouth. You can't act like everything is okay, guess I'm just good at acting.

Ari stays quiet, hesitating to talk.

Ariana: "You don't need to worry, I can handle it myself, it happened & there's nothing you or I can do about it."

It stayed quiet for a while, the silence was killing me, I couldn't stand by & not do anything about it.

I sat next to her, looking at an empty wine bottle on the counter, she's been drinking.

Faith: "I stopped carrying too, it's not like I wanted to, it just felt right…& I don't want you to do the same." I pull her close.

Ariana buries her face into my chest & crys into me & I hold her tight.

Faith: "Just let it all out."