Chapter 61

(Ariana pov)

May-18th-2019
Houston, Nasa📍

Courtney: "Hey you alright?"

Ariana: "Ya I'm good." I nervously chuckle. "We're at Nasa dumbass, I'm going to enjoy it with Faith." I fake a smile.

Since we left I noticed more and more often that Faith has been distancing herself from everyone. I talked to her about her family and what happened. I still hate her mother for hitting her daughter in the face like that. It was like nothing I was doing was helping her. She made it clear she wanted absolutely nothing to do with her mom.

Ariana's thoughts: "Hopefully she can enjoy this place."

I look back at Faith who was in the very back of our group, on her phone. She made me worry more than ever.

Doug: "The tour is about to start shouldn't you get Faith,?" I dozed off into my own world.

Ariana: "Huh!?"

Doug: "The tour is about to start, I was just saying you should get Faith, you have been talking about for the past 2 weeks straight…everything okay between you two?"

Ariana: "Ya all good everything is ah okay in my book." I smile walking over to Faith.

Only if what I said was true, cause it not and it's probably hitting me harder than her. I don't know how she's able to be this calm and act like things are fine.

Ariana: "Hey dork." I awkwardly punched her arm. "You'll enjoy it much better if you're not always glued to your phone."

Faith: "I was just changing the song I was listening to." She puts her phone away.

Ariana: "Can you at least try to enjoy today for me." I say nervously. "I know shit happened when we left, don't let it affect you."

Faith: "I'll try to enjoy today, I promise." She rubs my head weakly, smiling.

Ariana: "Hey you're messing my hair."

I did my best to make sure Faith and I had fun. When Faith got left behind I made sure to grab her by the hand and pull her. When we needed to volunteer to learn and try what the astronauts did I made sure we were the first one to do it.

Jace: "Fuck that shit is cool, when do you think we're going to ride the space rover?"

Courtney: "Beats me all I want is to try that space food."

Doug: "I heard that shit tastes like ass!!"

Victoria: "I'm just so excited to try on a space suit!"

Ariana: "Not to bum you out and all but they are only going to let Faith and I wear the suits." I nervously said to her.

She gets very disappointed and I look around for Faith but she's nowhere to be seen.

Ariana's thoughts: "Fae!?"

I panic for a good minute to see her looking at one of the exhibits.

Ariana: "What are you doing here all alone, we're just about to head to the…"

Faith: "I forgot how beautiful the stars look, it's dumb when they're just projection…I never seem to find the time to actually look up, I've been so caught up with everything I forgot what's in front of me and messed up everything…You know some stars don't shine as bright because our Moon lights up the night sky the brightest." She chuckles softly.

Ariana: "Fae!?"

Faith: "Sorry I'm thinking out loud, just forget it we have some Astronaut suits to put on." She smiles weakly and softly.