4.𝓐 𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓢𝓲𝓭𝓮

Dhruv felt like giving up on everything

As always he woke up before Mahika.
They takes turns sleeping in the bed and the swing in the balcony.
After freshing up he went downstairs to have his breakfast to see his bhabi and newlyweds sitting in the dining table with his father and grandmother.
Great drama. He thought rolling his eyes sensing the tension in the air.

He was currently on the way to company in his Kia.

Dhruv was feeling like drowing and falling at the same time.
He searched his drawers for antidepressants to realise that he left it at home. He tried to calm himself.

Today marked five years after their first meet. He still remembered that day as if it was yesterday when he first met his sunshine.

A 23 year old Dhruv was with his friends riding their bikes around the university.
Suddenly a girl in a beautiful yellow kancheepuram saree jumped in front of his bike. I hit the breaks just in time but the sudden shock made her trip and fall down.
"Oyy madam do you have a death wish ? " One of my friends called out.
I got out of my bike and helped the girl up who was still brushing the dust off her.
"Are you fine? "
That was when I saw her face. And damn she was nothing more than fine.

It was the most mesmerizing angelic face he had ever seen.
Those black eyes seemed to talk to his hazel ones. Her hair bun had come loose and black lucious locks that reached her waist , fell down her back. A big jhumka, a waist chain with intricate temple work and yellow glass bangles were her only accessories. There was a black beauty mark under her heart-shaped lips.

She was screaming at him for making her fall. But he wasn't even listening to it. She didn't know yet that it was him who fell. A small smile played on his lips as he tried to ingrain every small detail of her in his mind. He was never really the type to believe in love at first sight. But right now he didn't care if it was attraction , love or lust. He just wanted to be hers.

"Won't you even tell us your name?  "
"You will never find out. " She scoffed.
"Is that a challenge sunshine? " I said smirking.
"Don't call me that. " She frowned.
"Okay Sunshine. "
"You know what, I'm out of here. " She said exasperatedly.
"Next time then."
"There won't be a next time. "

And that was the day the Casanova of their University decided that the fiery goody two shoes was going to be his.

He smiled through the tears as he remembered that day. Later in their time together they used to laugh recalling that incident. But now his sunshine was not with him to light up his life with her laughter.

"Do you promise?'
"I promise you. No one will ever replace you. You will always be my one true love. "