Mil-Addy

Baby is lying on her new bed staring up at the mural on her ceiling. "What is there to do in this bloody castle?"

A knock sounds at the door. She rushes to answer it, desperate for the company. "Milady, I'm Alden. I was sent to escort you to the Royal Garden and attend to you until the prince joins you." He bows respectfully.

She blushes at the act. "Please call me Baby, or Babe or something. Just not "Milady". And Alden?"

"Yes, Milady Baby?"

She chuckles and shakes her head. "Just Baby, Addy."

"As you wish Baby." He smiles warmly at her.

"No more of this bowing when it's just us. I hate it. You are just as much human as I am." She nods confidently.

His smile widens. "As you wish Baby. May I escort you to the Royal Gardens?" He holds his arm out for her to take.

"Yes, you may Addy." She smiles at him and takes his arm.

Along the way they engage in light conversation. By the time they arrive at the Royal Garden they are both in fits of laughter.

"So wait. You put dog urine in her broth?!" She says barely containing her laughter.

"Precisely! And she loved it! She said, and I quote "This is absolutely delightful." I almost lost it right at the dinner table." He says laughing hysterically, while supporting himself against an oak tree.

"And here I thought I was the only one that didn't care much for her." She says with laughter tears in her eyes.

"She is a rather dreadful creature." He grimaces. "We love King Onille and Prince Xanthe though." He says with a fond smile.

"I agree, Goldilocks and Kingzy are quite the pair." She smirks. "So... anything embarrassing about Goldilocks?" She looks at Alden excitedly.

"Goldilocks? Kingzy?" He chuckles. "Odd names for them."

"Well, Kingzy was King Onille's idea, and Goldilocks just suits Xanthe." She shrugs.

He shakes his head amusedly. "Hmm...Well, Jameson, the head cook, did try to teach Xanthe to cook once." He laughs at the memory. "He burned a pot trying to boil water."

Baby laughs so hard the nearby groundskeepers look oddly at her, before chuckling at her joyful laugh.

"Shh...you're going to get me in trouble." Alden says trying to calm the both of their laughter.

"I ca-I ca-I can't." She falls to the lush grass clutching her stomach.

"Hush you two! You know Queenie Meanie is allergic to joy." Milana, the Royal Florist says chuckling lightly. "What are you two on about anyways?"

"He-he burned a p-pot..." Baby says before another fit of laughter takes hold of her. Now, all three of them are paralyzed with laughter.

"What is going on over here?!"

They stop laughing immediately and straighten up. "Sorry Your Majesty." They say, bowing respectfully.

The response: a fit of laughter that rivals Baby's. They all look up to see Xanthe on a nearby bench, red faced and teary eyed with laughter bubbling out of him uncontrollably. "That was g-g-gold!! Y-You should h-ha-have seen your f-fa-faces." He continues his chaotic laughter, unable to form coherent sentences.

Baby rolls her eyes with a smile. "That's not funny." She walks up to him smacking his raised leg playfully.

"S-sorry your majesty!" He says still laughing.

She joins him, chuckling at his child/chipmunk-like laugh. After some time they all calm down.

"So, I see you've met Milly and Addy. Has she been causing trouble?" Xanthe asks with a smirk in her direction.

"Nothing we can't handle...Goldilocks..." Alden snickers.

"Great! More for him to tease me about..." Xanthe says with a playful scowl.

"So...boiling water not your strong suit?" Baby chuckles at Xanthe's red face.

"That was one time!" He says defending himself.

"It's alright Goldilocks. I won't tell." Baby says smirking at him.

"I can see the havoc unfolding already." He mumbles with a smirk.

Baby just smiles up at him innocently.

He chuckles at her and holds out his arm. "Alright. Are you ready for your Royal tour Baby Bear?" He arches a perfectly primed brow at her.

"A royal tour, from a royal prince, of a royal castle? It's like all of my wildest dreams are coming true!" She says spinning around with a smile.

"Haha, princess..." He says sarcastically. "Come on!"

"Can Addy come?" She looks at him with pleading big doe eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. It isn't fair."

She keeps looking at him.

He rolls his beautiful eyes at her. "Fine, Addy can come."

"Yes!" She says grabbing Alden by the arm and walking ahead.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Xanthe jogs to catch up with them. "Until next time Milly!!"

"See you soon Goldilocks!!" She laughs lightly.

MEANWHILE

From the highest balcony overlooking the Royal Garden, the Queen glowers at the blossoming friendships below. "That mongrel must go..."