Her Majesty

A FEW DAYS LATER

"Goldilocks! Goldilocks!! Xanthe!!! Are you paying attention?" Baby looks at Xanthe blushing from his intense, yet distant stare.

Xanthe comes back to reality upon hearing his name. "You have my full attention Baby. Since I've met you...there hasn't been a time where you don't." He looks away with crimson ears and rosy cheeks. Did I just say that? To her? Out loud?

"Oh..." She looks down at her dress with a smile.

To hell with it all. "Baby?" He watches her as she slowly raises her eyes to meet his own.

She gulps. "Y-yes?" Her mouth is suddenly dry.

Xanthe looks at her in both awe and determination. "Will you have dinner with me tonight...in the Royal Garden...under the stars?"

Baby's eyes go wide. "Umm...alright." She nods timidly.

He gives her a heart melting smile and takes her hand. "Come. I do believe Midnight misses you."

They walk hand in hand out of the Gallery to the Royal Stables. Baby gapes in awe at the beauty of it. "When you say royal you mean it." The opulent entrance consists of two intricately carved white marble and gold columns that support the oval white marble sign in the center that says "XandyLand (XandyLand)" in gold. Baby chuckles.

"I was joking when the masons asked what to put on it. They obviously took me seriously." He shakes his head, with a slight smirk.

"That's gold." She says chuckling.

Attached to the columns is a whimsical golden gate that goes all the way around the Royal Stables. Each horse having its own personal quarters that consist of: a marble trough for water, a wall with multiple shelves for all of their personal grooming equipment and products, a window, a large quantity of hay, A bucket for carrots, and a bucket for apples.

The attached barn is practically bursting with supplies for all the horses. Each horse's name is over their necessities, lining one long wall. Things like: hooks with riding equipment, and golden horse shoes and nails. And what seems like miles of hay, are all stacked at the rear. Saddle stands, harnesses, riding satchels, and each horse's royal armor are in the center.

"Spoiled, absolutely spoiled. If I were Midnight, I wouldn't miss me one bit." She says twirling to see it all.

"If you were a royal horse then that might be true, but you and Midnight have a special bond." He walks next to her with his hands behind his back; refusing to look away from her. "She listens to you, not because there will be consequences, but because she respects you...loves you. You protect, nurture and care for her. You are her friend." He smiles at her thoughtful face. "Casper is the same with me. He used to be a wild horse, which I am assuming Midnight was also."

Baby nods. "She was. I found her in the orchard stealing apples." She chuckles at the memory. "She got her mane tangled in one of the trees. "I helped her, fed her...and as I was going to leave, she followed me. We've been together ever since." She smiles fondly as they approach Midnight's quarters.

Midnight neighs upon seeing Baby, and approaches her; nudging Baby's cheek with her snout.

Baby giggles. "I missed you too." She wraps her arms around Midnight's neck, embracing her. She steps back to look at Midnight fully. Midnight's onyx coat shines like finely woven silk. "You're even more beautiful than the last time I saw you." She takes the brush from the wall and brushes Midnight's mane lovingly.

Midnight nudges Baby's chest, neighing softly.

"Alright Alright." She giggles. "You are so spoiled."