The Royal Blessing

Hey Lovies!! Do you like the story so far? I'm having fun writing it.

Thank you all for reading, voting, commenting and sharing!

ON WITH THE STORY!!!

After wandering aimlessly through the castle, Baby finds herself in the training quarters observing the armed guards.

"Good day to you Milady." Farris, one of the generals greets her with a slight bow.

Baby smiles. "And to you...?"

"My apologies, I am Farris, Milady." He says extending his bow.

Baby smiles wider. "No need for all of that, Riz. Just call me Baby."

"Baby it is. What brings you here?"

"I got bored. Goldilocks is busy, as are Addy, Milly, and Leddy." She frowns.

"Ah! Would you like to learn a few things while you're here?"

Baby looks at him in surprise. "Really?! I mean, I thought all armed guards were...for lack of a more suitable term, sexist."

Farris laughs boisterously. "Not here Baby. So, what do you say?"

"I'm in!"

For hours Farris trains Baby in the art of swordsmanship. She's become quite good at it.

"Baby...you are one of a kind. I have never seen, no offense, a woman pick up swordsmanship so quickly. It's as if you've been trained before. You are most definitely a natural." He says beaming at her.

"What can I say? I have an extraordinary instructor." He smiles back. "I'm afraid I must go clean up."

"Indeed. Will you join us again?" He asks with great enthusiasm.

"I'd like that."

"It would be an honor to have you back." He bows again.

She returns the bow and heads back to her quarters to clean up. A while later she is on her balcony enjoying a meal when...

"BeeBee! Your presence is requested in the gallery!" Gleda says hastily approaching her.

"Whom, might I ask requests it?" She frowns slightly at the hastily approaching Gleda.

"Umm...Kingzy?" She says slightly confused.

Baby giggles. She follows Gleda into the Royal Gallery. "Kingzy?"

"Ah, if it isn't my favorite little bear." He says smiling at her like an adoring father. He then envelops her in a "bear" hug. "How was your morning?"

"Pleasant thank you. And yours?"

"Quite pleasant indeed. The Queen may or may not have taken sleeping pills with her night tea." He says with a wink.

Baby giggles once more. "You and Goldilocks are birds of the same feather." Baby says chuckling again.

"Speaking of Xanthe. He is why I called you here actually."

"Oh?"

He escorts her to the gallery couch near the large windows overlooking the stables. He nods with a smile. "Little Bear, how do you feel about him? And be honest."

Baby stands and takes a deep breath. "I-I...I know how I feel, but for the life of me, I can't explain it in words. It makes no sense. I met him just over a week ago and I feel as though I've known him all my life. Like, I can't go a day without hearing his voice or seeing his face." She looks out the window frowning.