redamancy (4)

ruwon pov

the moment that happened in the classroom earlier immediately reminded me of the past which made me triggered by it. my body was overwhelmed with guilt and the memories from the past keep flashing in my mind. I stayed quiet as Haruto and I arrived at the treatment room.

I made a huge mistake today and I didn't think it will go well. How can I go back to the classroom after this? Some of my classmates will come to me and ask me about the moment they saw earlier. I will be asked about my relationship with Haruto again.

I shouldn't swing my bag to Jeongwoo in the first place. Haruto was right. I'm a trouble maker.

"Tilt your head to the back." The doctor said to Haruto. He followed her words, just shutting his eyes and groaning in pain when the doctor poked cotton in his nose to avoid bleeding.

"You almost broke your nose. What happened?"

Haruto glared at me, "Ask the girl behind you, Mrs.Son."

I faked a chuckle. "It's an accident."

"Don't move too much. Stay here." Haruto and I nodded, watching the doctor leaving us to talk to her partner about Haruto's condition.

And now, it's just me and Haruto in the room.
The atmosphere immediately changed as Mrs.Son left. The room turned silent, just filled with the sound of the piano that Mrs.Son played on her computer.

I took a seat next to him, coughing to grab his attention.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to hurt you at all."

He didn't answer.

"I gave you trouble twice. I'm sorry for that."

"Why did you tear up when I got hit?" He finally spoke up, still fixing his eyes on the floor had no intention to lift his head and look at me who was sitting next to him.

I couldn't read his face at all. He gave me a plain reaction which I don't know if he hates me for hurting him or if he finds me annoying.
Probably, he still hates me for everything I accidentally did to him. I knew he will never forgive me.

This time, I felt so guilty. Knowing that I hurt him, made me feel nothing other than sorry.

"I'm sorry, Haruto." I apologized again, still waiting for him to look at me back.

A notification popped up on his phone making him take out his phone from his pocket and read the message that he received. I don't mean to butt into his business, but I felt so curious to know the reason behind his heavy sigh.

He sighed as soon as he read the text he received. It made me automatically take a glance at the text and read it secretly.

But later then, I felt so guilty again.

"Did your girlfriend break up with you because of me?" I asked him while playing with my fingers. "You should have told her that I was just helping you."

Before I could continue, he cut off my words and spoke. "You don't need to feel sorry. I date her for fun. I don't have any reason to keep her with me at all."

His voice was cold. Is he being serious? Did he play with someone's heart for fun?

jeongwoo and Haruto are almost the same.

"Those judgemental eyes." He scoffed as he saw me judging him silently.

"You date someone for fun. It surprises me."
I replied shortly.