redamancy (22)

****

After arguing with her ex-boyfriend last night, Ruwon woke up with her swollen eyes again. Her head got so dizzy because she has trouble sleeping peacefully after everything happened. Even though she had fun with her friends by playing some games in the room, she still felt so broken in her heart which made her completely lose her happiness.

She needed to hide it in front of them. She wanted to prove to them that she was good with everyone that faced her. She was deeply broken inside. Dareum and Jaejin noticed how different she was. But every time they asked her about her condition, Ruwon would just say that she got sick and couldn't sleep because she didn't want to make them burden her.

It was eight in the morning, everyone went to the cafe to have breakfast together. Dareum and Jaejin went first because Ruwon wanted to be alone. At first, they refused to let her go alone, but after seeing her desperate she was to find time for herself, they left her and hope for her to be good again.

Jeongwoo was worried when she didn't come with her friends. He put his fork down and looked around the place to search for Ruwon, but sadly she wasn't there at all. He then shifted his gaze to Haruto and Juna who have just arrived at the cafe.

Haruto took his food and gave him a warm smile before taking his seat with his friends. Banwok and Hanwok exchanged glances with each other and wondered why did Haruto look so calmful as if nothing happened to her.

Usually, he would look for Ruwon whenever he took a seat with his friends. He would ask Dareum and Jaejin about her, but today, he didn't bring up her name anymore. He just smiled, ate the food, and talked to Woojae about something random.

Jeongwoo was the one who look so confused. He noticed how different Haruto was. He could feel that Haruto was faking his laugh and smile whenever he talked to his friends. He just waited for him to ask about Ruwon, but after 10 minutes of eating at the same table, he didn't say anything related to Ruwon.

Dareum cleared her throat,
"When will Ruwon come to the lobby?"

Jeongwoo fixed his eyes on Haruto again to see how he would react when Ruwon was mentioned in the conversation. Again, he didn't give any reaction when he heard her name. He remained silent as Banwok kept talking about her, didn't give any sign that he cares about her.

"Ruwon said that she got sick. So, she decided to stay in the hotel."

Hajoon spoke, "Is that mean she will not join any activity today? Did the teacher ask her to stay in the hotel?"

Dareum nodded, "Her condition is quite bad. So, she needs to take a lot of rest."

Haruto silently ate the food.

A sudden thought made Jeongwoo immediately stop eating. Everyone at the table looked at him in confusion as he suddenly stood up.

"Hanmin."

"He is not here."

****

Ruwon opened the door of the room as someone knocked on it. She then fixed her eyes on Hada and waited for her to speak while still holding the doorknob to support her from losing her balance. Hada cleared her throat and finally spoke after a long time of hesitating.

"I'm not here because Juna told me to."

"The teacher wanted to meet you at the swimming pool on the fifth floor."

Ruwon blankly looked at Hada,
"Why did she want to meet me at the swimming pool at this time? I thought she is at the cafe."