lacuna (5)

The school has ended and everyone leaves the building happily because the club meeting that is supposed to be held this evening postponed to the next week due to the sudden meeting among teachers. When the others are leaving with their friends, Jihoon finally packs up his things and leaves the classroom.

"We have arrived in Shanghai after a long time of resting on the flight. We will be back next to two weeks. Jeongwoo is with us too."

"Take care, Jihoon. I love you."

Jihoon reads the text from his mother and rolls his eyes in frustration. He feels so annoyed to receive some texts from her. It's not that he hates her, but her presence in his family makes him feel so uneasy.

He still hasn't moved on from the gone of his mother. Even though it's been 12 years since the accident happened, he still has trouble forgetting the worst moment in his life. He saw the death of his mom in front of his eyes, and he still suffered from the sickness that he got.

And yet, not even a year after her mom passed away, his dad got married to his colleague who is currently his mother now and gives him a new younger brother, Park Jeongwoo.

It takes more than a decade for him to move on from everything, but to his dad, it only takes a year. 

He still couldn't forget his mother and now, he needs to see another woman in the house and is forced to call her mother. He hates that.

Although his current mother is so nice and caring, he still doesn't want anyone else to replace his biological mother.

He doesn't feel like he wants to stay home. He just wants to lock himself in the art club and draws everything that crosses his mind.

Jihoon takes the collection of drawing pencils that are arranged on the shelf and immediately takes his seat in front of the drawing board before starting to draw on the huge and blank page.

Knock Knock

Jihoon doesn't stop drawing. He stays in his seat, just doing his work silently.

"Jihoon."

He fixes his eyes on Jungwon who smiles at him sweetly. The guy grabs another chair near him, then takes a seat to look at his drawing.

Jungwon giggles, "I'm Jungwon. Do you remember my face now?"

Jihoon shows a little smile to Jungwon.
"Yes."

"Do you like tteobokki?"

Jihoon puts the pencil down, then shifts his gaze to Jungwon who is patiently waiting for him to answer.

Jungwon parts his lips, and gently brushes the back of his nape, "I want to have them with you, but I don't think you would be comfortable eating in a small restaurant."

"It's not fancy. Just a simple restaurant near to my apartment. You're an elite. It would be a shame for you to eat the food from that kind of restaurant."

"But one day, I promise. I will bring you to the fancy--"

Jihoon holds his laughter as Jungwon looks so nervous. "Jungwon, I'm good with everything."