lacuna (15)

"Can you reach him, Haenul?"

"No. He doesn't reply to my text at all."

"How about you, Jungwon?"

"He didn't answer my call. The last time I texted him is last night. He seems so good and happy. What happens to him? Why did he suddenly change?"

"You should ask Ruhan. She is the only one who could reach him."

Jungwon sighs,

"I don't know where Ruhan is."

"She disappeared since this morning."

*******

"How did this happen? Why did dad get a heart attack?"

Jihoon asks his mom angrily and suddenly throws everything on the floor. Everyone at the hospital watches the scene surprisingly.

A group of nurses runs toward him as they try to take Jihoon from creating a mess, but they failed when he pushes them away.

His mom quickly pulls him into a warm hug. She comforts him softly.

"It's okay, Jihoon. He will be alright."

"Why did no one tell me about his sickness? What's your problem, mom? Why did you hide it from me? I'm his son."

Jihoon falls to the ground and pulls his hair in frustration.

"Do you know much my dad means to me? He did everything to make me happy after my late mom passed away! Why did you need to hide everything from me?"

"It hurts. My heart breaks into pieces. What should I do? He looks so sick."

"Why don't you tell me that he has a heart problem?"

Jihoon cries harder and pushes his mom away from him.

At the same time, Mr.Watanabe and his wife come toward them anxiously. Jihoon doesn't mind them, all he did is cry and blame his mom for everything.

He looks at Mr.Watanabe and rubs his eyes when he couldn't remember the face anymore. He couldn't remember who he is even though they have just met last night. He pinches his head,

"Why can't I remember face anymore? What's happening?!"

He pulls his hair again.

"Jihoon, what's wrong?"

"Who are you?"

He asks, looking at his mom curiously.

"Jihoon, what are you talking about? I'm your mom. Why can't you remember me?"

"What's happening to me? Why did this happen?!"

He shuts his eyes and tries to recall all of the memories he has with his family and his schoolmates.

"Yang Jungwon. How does he look?"

He mumbles.

"Why can't I remember his face?"

He shouts.

"Ha Ruhan."

"Ruhan."

He takes a moment.

"Ruhan..."

"How does Ruhan look...?"

He hit himself again and after a minute, everything comes back to normal again.