lacuna (8)

Bareum walks through the street with the headphone still on her ears. She doesn't mind everyone around her because she is too busy playing with her phone. Her manager is by her side, holding a few bags of clothes and shoes while following Bareum from behind.

Bareum glares at the manager and stops on her way when her driver parks the car next to the street.

"Just go inside the car. I want to meet my friends."

The manager blankly looks at her with the bags still in his hand. Bareum groans in annoyance. Without any hesitation, she grabs the bag and throws it into the car before looking at her manager angrily.

"You elderly old man. Just go into the car and don't waste my time.

The manager quickly gets into the car as Bareum forces him to. As soon as the car is gone, she finally feels so good again. The presence of her manager makes her so mad. He is so dumb and weak.

Why did he choose to be her manager if he couldn't hold a few bags in his hand? He couldn't walk properly and always uses his age as an excuse to make her pity him.

But Bareum has no feeling. She is heartless. It's not that easy for her to treat someone, especially unless they are from the elites and they are someone she adores and loves.

She was still mad after everything that happened yesterday. Ruhan keeps playing in her mind causing her to get so annoyed easily. The girl always gets plenty of attention from someone that Bareum adored. To her, the girl from the lower class doesn't deserve to be treated that special at all.

It's not fair. Jungwon treats Ruhan romantically. Bareum knows that both of them are siblings, but why did Jungwon need to treat the poor girl that way when they are not blood-related at all? He treats the girl like she is his biological sister. It's not how he should treat her.

Bareum keeps questioning herself, why did Jungwon still refuse to befriend her? Why did Jungwon never choose to befriend any girls in the school except his sister? Both of them were childhood friends, he was always a good friend to her.

Again, that's not fair. Bareum thinks that Jungwon should treat everyone equally. Everything would be alright if he doesn't put so much attention on that girl.

About Jihoon, Bareum gets annoyed with him too. Jihoon is almost the same as Jungwon. He always exchanges glances with Ruhan when they are together. To Bareum, Jihoon should remember his place as the elite.

Falling in love with the lower-class student is the funniest and most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to the elite.

That's why Bareum tries to teach him a lesson.
She puts Ruhan in the trap because she wants to show Jihoon how powerful she is. She could ruin someone's life just that way. She could do anything she wants because she has the power.

She wants Jihoon to stay away from Ruhan, so Ruhan wouldn't face the same thing ever again. Or shortly, she just wants him to mind his business by focusing on his art and playing with his friends.

She walks to the cafe where Minjin and her friends hang out together and is surprised when someone grabs her collar and drags her away from the place.

Bareum couldn't see anything because the man tied a black mattress around her face. It makes her hard to breathe properly too. She reaches out for help, but no one is there other than her and the man.

The man brings her to the narrow hallway, and throws her into the wall causing her to groan in pain, and have no energy to fight back. The man pulls her hand and ties the rope around her wrist before letting go of her harshly.