lacuna (6)

"Are you alright?"

Ruhan stares at Jihoon silently, then put her hand away from him. She couldn't handle this kind of moment. It's awkward, especially when she is with him.

Ruhan still has trouble believing him. Especially when Jihoon is also a part of the Dominators. Even though he treats her better than them, she still has trust issues with him because she is scared if he betrays her in the end.

Without answering Jihoon, Ruhan goes into the room to continue her studying and locks herself without filling food on her empty stomach.

****

The next day, Ruhan wakes up early for school because she is scared if she suddenly bumps into the Dominators. She doesn't want to face the same thing anymore. She still feels so weak after getting beaten by her mother last night. She doesn't want to damage her body again. So, she tries hard to run away from them.

Ruhan greets her mom in the kitchen and takes a look if she serves breakfast for her, but after looking at the two lunch boxes on the table, she parts her lips and walks out of the house after kissing Ruwon on the forehead.

Ruwon gets sick again. It's been a week since she is absent from school. That makes Ruhan anxious about her sister's condition. So, she decides to go home with ice cream to give to her sister. Ruwon will be so happy if she gets her favorite ice cream. Her sickness will immediately fade away.

As soon as she wears her shoes, Ruhan suddenly bumps into Jihoon at the door. He is outside and waiting for Jungwon as they want to go to the school together. She makes eye contact with him for a long time and breaks it off when Jungwon approaches them.

"Ruhan, let's go to the school together." Jungwon excitedly says while gripping the bag on his back. He then comes toward Jihoon and wraps his arm around the man with his gaze fixed on her.

"It's okay. I just want to be alone."

Ruhan calmly replies, then walks toward the elevator and presses the downstairs button. At the same time, Jungwon and Jihoon follow her from behind. They stand behind her while talking to each other until the elevator finally arrives at their floor.

As soon as the door opens, Ruhan widens her eyes when the elevator is filled with people. She takes a moment to go in as she hesitates.

"You can go in. Two people can come in." One of them speaks up.

Ruhan takes a glance at Jihoon and quickly runs to the stairs because she wants them to take the elevator. Jihoon and Jungwon watch her surprisingly. Before they could stop her, she has gone out of their sight.

Ruhan is too fast. She uses half of her energy early in the morning.

Jihoon watches her and lowers his head before going into the elevator with Jungwon.

****

"I need to meet the teacher at the office first. Let's meet in the classroom."

Jungwon says as they arrive at the school gate. Honestly, Jihoon doesn't focus on Jungwon at all. He fixes his gaze on Ruhan who is just a few meters away from him and watches every step of her silently.

Jungwon doesn't realize it at all.

"I will go first."

Jihoon nods, "Alright."

After Jungwon leaves with his study partner, Jihoon walks into the school alone, never breaking his gaze on Ruhan in the front. From
his side, he could see how her hair bounces as she walks, he could see how light her skin is compared to other students.