lacuna (17)

"We finally can breathe! I hope teachers will do the meeting longer. I want to take a nap so bad!"

"It's such a good feeling. I want to take a nap too. I don't want to waste my chance on taking a nap at school!"

"Go away, Minjin. Your hair smells stink."

"What did you just say, Bareum?"

Ruhan takes a glance at them without saying anything. She then keeps her focus on the book and continues studying because she doesn't want to get distracted by doing something unnecessary again.

Minjin leans her back against the wall while crossing her arm. She glares at Ruhan when she smiles at her and takes out her phone when she receives her notification from Juhan.

Everyone around her also takes out their phone when they also receive the same notification.

"What did Juhan post on the school page?" Minjin mumbles become so curious when everyone gasps and start to whisper to each other.

Minjin is surprised when she sees the photo of Jihoon and Hari at the restaurant together. She stares at the photo for a long time and smirks.

She approaches Ruhan who is studying so hard at her desk and grabs her attention by throwing her books to the ground.

Ruhan surprisingly looks at Minjin.
"What's wrong with you, Minjin?"

Minjin laughs.

"I told you, Ruhan!"

"You were being used by Jihoon all the time."

Ruhan blinks her eyes in confusion.

"He was playing with you because you're just someone who easily believes in people."

"He makes you fall in love with him and leaves you for fun!"

"The kiss that both of you did in the fitting room?"

"He kissed you for fun because he wants to make you fall for him harder. He wants to play with you, Ruhan."

She smiles.

"I know it."

"He will never fall in love with a girl like you."

Ruhan's world has crashed down when Minjin shows the picture of Jihoon and Hari together at the restaurant.

She stares at the picture longer and wonders why Jihoon looks so happy when he is with Hari.

Ruhan shakes her head,

"Hari and Jihoon are a partner for their school project. Don't make false rumors."

"Are you scared, Ruhan? What's wrong with that disappointed look?"

Tears escape from her eyes as she is trying to think of the answer for Minjin.

Minjin and her friends laugh.

"Look. She is crying!"

"Did your heart turn into pieces after seeing the picture? I told you earlier! He just wants to play with you! Why is it so hard to believe me?"

"He was kissing you for fun. He doesn't fall in love with you at all. He wants to make you fall in love with him."

"And after he successfully makes you fall in love with him, he leaves you for someone else!"

"It's fun, right?"

"Don't easily trust men, Ha Ruhan."

She chuckles.