redamancy (18)

****

"Did you get caught by your parents?"

Haruto leaned his head on the pillow and texted Ruwon while smiling like an idiot. He rolled on his bed, tucked himself into his thick blanket, and chuckled when Ruwon replied to him.

"Gladly, they didn't bump into me. I went home safely and my brother helped me well."

He leaned the phone closer to him, badly wanting to call her but he was bothered by Banwok and his friends who were sleeping on the floor. He knew that they would never be caught him talking to Ruwon lovely, but if one of them woke up and watch him, it would be the end of him.

So, Haruto decided to be careful.

"Ruwon, from now on."

"Let's meet at the stairs every midnight."

"I couldn't meet you at the school for 10 days,"

"So, I want to spend my time meeting you at the stairs of your apartment for 10 days."

"Can we do that...?"

Ruwon took a moment to reply.

"Alright."

Haruto whined and hugged his pillow tightly.

"Haruto, what's wrong with you?"

Woojae asked drunkenly.

Haruto smiled at Woojae,

"Nothing."

****

It was almost three in the morning but Jeongwoo still didn't come home. Jihoon was so worried about his brother. He waited for the boy to come home for three hours and tried to reach Jeongwoo a few times, but Jeongwoo didn't answer him.

It worried him so much. He didn't want something bad to happen to his brother. Even though his brother will become an adult in two years, he was still worried to let him do everything he wanted to do.

He didn't want history to repeat itself. He didn't want to live in guilt anymore.

If he is careless about Jeongwoo,

if he leaves him and hurt him with his words,

something unexpected will happen to Jeongwoo which will make him regret it for his entire life.

the wound that he has in his heart turned into a scar that didn't stop bleeding. he didn't want to add another wound in his heart and let it bleed for the rest of his life again.

so, he wanted to do his best to keep Jeongwoo safe.

Jihoon left his house after taking his key and drove his car to where Jeongwoo went to.

He drove his car as fast as he could and immediately turned off the engine when he arrived at a house that was located far away from his place.