Duplicatnation

"Ugh, I don't get paid enough for this" Jiang muttered under her breath as she fixed her hair sticks while moving at a fast pace. First thing in the morning, and takeout orders already have to be taken out. "Order up! Come on, get the lot out!" Pigsy called out as he rang a bell while holding up a bag.

"On it!" MK called out as he grabbed it and packed it up. "Ugh, I wash I still had his morning energy" Jiang commented as she began to follow him out the door. "Eh, you do have your moments that make the rest of us question what you ate or drank that made you go so fast Jiang" Tang told her with an amused smile.

"Yeah, and those moments aren't coming by as frequently as they used to" Jiang replied, smiling when she heard Tang's chuckle before she walked out the door. "Alright, let's hurry up and get this over with. I have a nap that I need to catch up on" she said as she uploaded the day's addresses to her phone and let the map chart their course. "Aren't you, like, nineteen, and therefore able to work longer days?" MK asked.

"Don't you have the mindset of, like, a sixteen and a half even though your a year younger than me and still have more energy than me in the morning?" Jiang shot back as she leaned into her seat while crossing her arms. MK didn't find a comeback so she added, "Now shush and let's get going". The entire morning consisted of delivering noodles, putting on smiles, and repeating the phrase "Pigsy's Noodles!" followed polite interactions, exchangements, and polite goodbyes.

"And that was the last one! For now" Jiang said after coming back to the delivery vehicle. Then, on the way back to the shop, the two were flagged down by Sandy. "MK! Jiang! Boy, did you guys arrive right on time! Scoop up the brushes! We're giving the old girl a fresh coat of paint!" He said.

Just like that, Jiang was revived when it came to energy. "Well, what are we waiting for?!" She cried before grabbing a paintbrush and a bucket of paint and zooming over to the boat, leaving the boys laughing before they joined her. Humming along to her favorite songs, Jiang, MK, and Sandy all worked together to paint the boat, then they all stood back to admire their work before sharing a three-way fist bump.

At the end of the day, and finally back at the apartment over the shop, Jiang came out from the showers with her hair up in the towel while wearing a simple black T-shirt and comfortable red shorts. "I need to get my highlights redone. Their starting to fade away" she said after spotting MK, who had been waiting for her. She always spoiled him with amazing bedtime stories, despite the fact that many people would say that he was too old for them.

"Also gives me an excuse to get my hair cut again too" she added. "Hey, it's your hair. You do what you what with it. And now for one of your awesome stories with eight to twelve hours of uninterrupted-Mei?!" MK said, stopping by his bedroom door to see his best friend going through his clothes. "Get up, get up, get up! We're going out!" Mei cried, tossing a shirt at MK.

"Mei, you sure about this? MK's not that big of a night owl like we are" Jiang said. "Oh come on! Why not let him in on some of the fun?" Mei told her. "Well, what do you say? Wanna go out tonight?" Jiang asked, looking at MK.

"Aw yeah!" Her brother cried, making her chuckle. "All right, all right. Go get ready" she said before going back to the bathroom to blowdry her hair. After getting changed and getting her hair up in it's usual bun and fastened with her chop sticks, she, Mei, and MK hit the city. 

"Wooo! Anti-gravity arcade yo!" Mei shouted before dragging a laughing MK and a smiling Jiang into a selfie pic. Most of the night was spent in having fun, which costed both MK and Jiang when morning came. Both of them were groggy and Jiang was even more exhausted than usual, but deliveries still had to be made.

And things didn't get any easier when Sandy had them come over to repaint the boat a 'sunset orange' color as he called it. That night, Jiang stayed behind to catch up on some much needed sleep while MK hit the city again with Mei. The cycle continued until MK began to show up in dirty clothing and unkept hair.