Immortal Petals

Tang rung out the clothe full of cold water just enough so that it stopped dripping, and folded it a bit before setting it against Jiang's forehead. The girl scrunched up her face a bit and shifted in her sleep. Tang sat down beside her and gently rubbed her arm.

Then, he stood up, shared a nod with Wukong, who was sitting in a chair beside the bed, and then went up front to sit beside Pigsy. "How is she?" The pig demon asked in a uncharacteristicly soft voice. "Well, shes drifting in and out of consciousness, and her fever's getting worse. And nothing is working in bringing it down" the scholar replied.

Pigsy let out a sigh. "Monkey King? Any suggestions?" He asked as he looked in the review mirror. His gaze flickered over to Jiang as she let out a weak sounding cough.

"There, is something. But, I don't think your gonna like it" Wukong told them. That made Tang and Pigsy share a look. They were too far from any civilization, and even then, there wasn't a lot of things that could combat a scorpion demon's poison.

Letting out a quiet groan, Jiang slowly came to. And after a moment of getting her bearings, she slowly became aware of her surroundings. She was laying on something soft, probably a bed, and she had been covered with a blanket.

There was something that was rather cold on her forehead, but considering she felt like her body was on fire and was about ready to vomit, she found relief in the cold. After a moment of muddled noises, she was able to make out quiet voices, and that made her crack her eyes open a bit. Pigsy and Tang were up front, having their own little conversation in hushed whispers, and upon hearing something beside her, Jiang flicked her gaze over, and blanched a bit upon seeing Wukong sitting there in a chair.

His elbows were on his knees, and his gaze was tilted down to the floor. There was a look on his face that made it look like there was nothing yet so much on his mind at the same time. His tail was the only thing that betrayed his current emotions.

It was curling and uncurling and twitching. Things that happened when he was nervous or worried. He didn't even seem to notice her hand until it rested on his thigh.

Wukong jumped a bit at the action, and Jiang withdrew her hand. "Wassup?" She asked, managing a small smile. Wukong blinked at her, then gave an amused huff, though it sounded a bit strained.

"Even in your current condition, your still trying to make people laugh" he said, keeping his voice down. Jiang simply shrugged. "It's just how I roll" she said.

Wuking smiled and shook his head. Then his smile faded. "What's wrong?" Jiang asked.

"There, there is something that can help you. There's a certain type of flower that's called the Moonlit Jimsonweed that grows every night under the full moon. It's leaves and petals can be brewed into a tea of sorts, and it has incredible healing properties. Able to bring someone back from the brink of death. But, there is, a risk, to drinking it" Wukong explained. "And what's the risk?" Pigsy asked. Yeah, he and Tang had been listening in on the conversation.

"The tea, while curing the drinker of any illness they might have, it also makes them... immortal" the demon Monkey told them. Tang and Pigsy both let out their own noises of shock and surprise while Jiang gave a sharp intake of air through her nose. "You telling me that the only way to for her to live is to make her immortal?!" Pigsy yelled, and Jiang winced a bit at the sudden volume.

"It's not like we have a lot of options here" Wukong told him as he stood up. "But you can't just pop something like that out of the blue!" Tang cried. "Besides, the kid's already said multiple times that she doesn't want to be immortal!" Pigsy called out.

"Alright, enough!" Jiang snapped before Wukong could retaliate. Everyone looked at her in slight surprise before looking away from each other. The young female sat up, with a bit of difficulty, and held on to the trim of the bunk that was above her.