Destiny Fulfilled

Jiang watched, anxiety building, as Wukong and MK got closer to each other, then the feeling gave way to relief when Macaque darted forward, pushing Wukong away from her brother and holding him back a bit. "Alright you two. I hope that staff was worth it!" He called, looking back at the two before he began to fight Wukong. Jiang quickly went over to MK and crouched down beside him

"Get that staff" she said. "What are you gonna do?" MK asked her. Jiang glanced over at LBD and her a death glare.

"I'll keep the Bone Bitch busy" she replied. "Trying to take on me in a one on one? Oh dear Jiang, you couldn't possibly-" LBD said, amusement laced in her voice, though she paused at the sight of the flames that covered both of Jiang's hands. "We'll see about that!" Jiang hollered before darting forward, fist drawn back in a punch as a battle cry left her throat.

Her speed had greatly increased to the point LBD barely had time to dodge, but, still, Jiang's fist landed on empty air. "Child, you cannot change the course of destiny!" LBD snapped at her. "I make my own destiny" Jiang replied before she continued fighting, throwing physical hits as well as magical attacks.

Her personal favorite became the one where she would create four balls of flames that would surround LBD, and continue to hit her from all angles, three times each, before they disappeared. In fact, Jiang was doing pretty good, until she glanced over to check on MK. She was shocked to see him struggling to pull on the staff that was rooted to the ground by the ice.

"No" she murmered. Then, she let out a sharp cry of surprise and slight pain as a hand closed on her throat and ice began to creep across her skin, leaving an unpleasant chill. "Oh you two, Sun Wukong couldn't best me. What do you hope to accomplish when he has failed? Cast aside your stubbornness and face your demise with honor" LBD lightly snapped as she began to lift the girl off her feet.

Jiang let out a soft breath as she saw Wukong hit the ground. And toss Macaque's body to the ground, stepping over him as the possessed Great Sage got closer. "If you really believe that destiny can't be changed, you wouldn't be using every ounce of power you have to keep him contained! The Monkey King we know will never stop fighting you!" MK called out.

"And we won't either. We won't give up, not even when we're down to our last breath" Jiang rasped. LBD's hand squeezed tighter, and Jiang began to struggle for air. Suddenly, Wukong shot forward, but, instead of hitting MK, his hand closed around the staff.

"Ergh, thanks for not, giving up on me guys" he managed to get out. And despite her current situation, Jiang couldn't help but let out a laugh of relief. Wukong was back.

"What?! No!" LBD cried. "Time for the hero stuff" the Monkey demon said to MK, who then also pit his hand on the staff. Together, they broke it free from its icy prison, and a golden shockwave appeared, knocking what appeared to be the outlines of LBD out of Wukong.

His skin color returned to normal, nothing was tinted blue, and the Pheonix feathers on his little cap had returned to their brilliant red. The shockwave also knocked LBD back, and she lost her grip on Jiang, who collapsed to the floor, gasping for breath. "Ugh, i can still feel her crawling under my skin, ugh!" Wukong called out, sounding a little disgusted.

Jiang did managed to look up in time to see MK tackle Wukong in a hug. Surprisingly, the Great Sage didn't lose his footing. "I'm glad your back" MK said happily, and Wukong gave him a soft genuine smile.

"Uh, guys? Now that Wukong's not under her control...!" Macaque told them, and a blast of cold wind made itself known. Jiang was on the verged of standing up, but she was knocked back, and that icy hand closed around her throat, squeezing hard than ever. Jiang struggled against the hold, trying to force air into her lungs as she was lifted up amid the cries of her friends.