Calabash

Something shaking her made Jiang wake with a start, then she let out a yelp as she fell off the couch. "Earthquake!" She heard MK yell from the other bedroom in the apartment. Oh right, she had come over to MK's apartment last night for a movie marathon and she ended up crashing on the couch.

Jiang rolled herself under the table in front of her, and waited for the shaking to stop, rolling her eyes as she heard MK lament about his "prized possessions" as he called everything Monkey King related in his room. The shaking finally stopped, and Jiang began to get to her feet. "Nine o one! We're late for work!" MK suddenly screeched.

Well shit, might as well start thinking about her eulogy. Speedrunning everything, Jiang hastily got dressed and grabbed her hair sticks, deciding to get her hair done all the way in the shop. "Pigsy is so gonna kill us" she commented.

"Your not helping with my anxiety!" She heard MK yell. Apparently she said that louder than she thought. After he got ready, both siblings quickly made their way down to the shop. "Pigsy! I'm so sorry we're late. Me and MK both overslept" Jiang called as she entered the area, twisting her hair up into it's usual bun before fixing it in place with the chop sticks.

"I didn't set an alarm! And honestly I don't even remember going to bed, and then the earthquake, and, and..." MK said. "Please don't fire us" Jiang practically begged. Then, the two got one hell of a shock.

"Fire you, why would I fire you two?" Pigsy asked with a bright smile. MK and Jiang shared a look of confusion before looking back at the pig demon. "Well, last time you said that if me and MK were even a minute late again, that you would fire us" Jiang told him.

"I said that?" Pigsy asked looking confused. Tang laughed as he came over and gave Pigsy a side hug. "That doesn't sound like my best friend Pigsy" he said before both he and the pig demon broke out in laughter.

MK and Jiang both looked very confused, but before anyone could say anything, another earthquake shook the place. "Oh shit. Aftershock, aftershock!" Jiang called out as she used a nearby table to support herself. The quake ended and MK, who had fallen down again, stood up.

"Aftershock? Whatchu talkin about Jiang?" Pigsy asked. "Did you not feel that?" MK asked. "Feel what?" Pigsy asked him.

"Oh, I think MK and Jiang have a real case of the Mondays, hmm?" Tang said, looking at the siblings. Jiang gave him a searching look as MK said "Maybe it's an inner ear thing?". Then he reached to his ear, attempting to pull out the staff, making Pigsy laugh.

"The staff ain't in your ear kid" he said. "Well, that's a bit of a relief. Wait, then where is the staff?!" Jiang cried. "On top of the mountain. Sealing away the Demon Bull King and the rest of his family" Tang told her.

"Uh, what now?" Jiang asked. "You guys do remember, right? I keep saying you work them too hard" Tang said before turning to Pigsy. "That's it. You two are taking the day off" Pigsy said.

"...I think I need to sit down real quick" Jiang said as she did just that. "Who are you and what have you done to Pigsy?!" She whisper shouted in MK's ear. "Who cares?! Let's go!" MK cried, dragging his sister with him out of the shop.

"Our first day off in two whole years" MK said as he rolled along on his skateboard. "Well, this is my first day off in six years. How do you think I feel? And what the hell is going on here?!" Jiang said then cried. "All I know is that today is the perfect day! No traffic at rush hour, free shoes and cheesty samples, beating all the high scores on Monkey Mech, more free cheesty samples!"

The crowd that had slowly begun to accumulate behind the two shouted "Perfect!" for the fifth time. "You guys are really driving that point home huh?" MK said before another earthquake shook the place. But, this time, something seemed, different.