Skeleton Key

"Thank you for this amazing turnout" said the Mayor as he held up a strange looking key. One end had a skull with blue eyes, and the other basically looked like twisted metal that was going every which way. "Woo! Let's hear it for the Monkey Kids! Heroes of the city!" Mei cried, making Jiang laugh a bit.

"As mayor, I hereby give the Monkey Kids the key to our fair city" said the Mayor, handing the strange over to MK. He moved his hand so that Jiang could hold it too. Suddenly, she had the strangest feeling that she couldn't even describe.

It went away as soon as it came, but it was long enough to leave her a bit on edge. "So, what does this key do, exactly?" MK asked. "Oh, you two will love this. It has the power to open anything" the Mayor told him.

"Ooo, anything? Like a pet shop full of puppies?" Mei asked. "Yes, or the door to a lion's cage, or an orphan's piggy back, or an imprisoned mystic power source. Whatever you like! Today, you can do no wrong. You both have my permission. Cause, I'm the Mayor!" Said the Mayor before he burst out in laughter. "I think he might have a few screws loose up there" Jiang whispered to MK out of the corner of her mouth.

Her brother nodded in agreement. Then the Mayor disappeared in a puff of blue smoke. "Huh, I'm starting to think maybe that's not the Mayor" Mei said.

"Yeah, he seemed, weird. I don't know how to explain it" Jiang said as she took off her jacket and tied it around her waist. "Wait, is that, a tattoo?!" Mei cried, pointing at Jiang's upper arm. "No way, lemme see" MK said, looking for himself.

Jiang laughed a bit at their expressions. "Yeah, got it last night. You like?" She said, pulling the sleeve of her t-shirt up a bit so that her friend and her brother could fully see it. "I love!" Mei cried.

On Jiang's upper arm was a tattoo of a Chinese dragon that was around a yin yang symbol. "Man, I always wanted to get a tattoo. Did it hurt a lot?" MK said then asked. "Not really. I fell asleep halfway through" Jiang told him.

Once the excitement over the tattoo died down, the attention turned back to the key in MK's hand

Once the excitement over the tattoo died down, the attention turned back to the key in MK's hand. "Wow. A key that can open anything" MK breathed. "Just imagine all the things we could do with that thing" Jiang said before watching as MK and Mei shared a look.

"And now I slightly regret what I said and would like to go back in time so that I never said it in the first place" she said to herself, crossing her arms with a light smile. The next few hours were spent in having a whole lot of fun. Arcades, ice cream, slushies, milkshakes, and bumper cars.

But then, MK seemed to get an idea, and before Jiang could stop him, he pointed the key at himself. He seemed to go into a trance for a second before snapping out of it. "Okay, Mei, Jiang hear me out. We know the key can magically unlock anything, but maybe, it can also magically lock anything too!" He said.

"...How did you come to be my brother again?" Jiang asked, crossing her arms with an eyebrow raised, making MK deadpan at her. "You literally just described all keys" Mei said. "Sure, yeah, fine. But do you know what this means? Having this key? This power? It's so much responsibility. But I know what we need to do" MK said.

"I think it's starting to mess with your head" Jiang muttered to herself. However, even she couldn't stop herself from snickering along with MK and Mei as they watched Pigsy rage with being unable to get into his shop, which they had locked with the key. "I wish we had this key all the time. I don't think I've had this much fun in, forever" MK said.

"I know right?" Jiang said before she spotted something in her brother's room. Before she could say anything, the thing exploded, knocking everyone back from the balcony on and the ground,making it very apparent as to what, or should I say, who, it was. She heard her friends cry out in pain before she did the same herself, landing harshly on her back before she rolled into her side.

"Noodle Boy! Random Girl! Finally" she heard Red Son say, which prompted her to quickly stand up. "What're you doing in MK's house?!" Mei snapped at him. "Kinda suspicious if you ask me" Jiang called out, crossing her arms a bit and resting them against her stomach. "You better not have touched my stuff!" MK yelled.

"Ugh! Do any of you know how long I've been waiting for you?! Your, house, is depressing! I almost feel bad taking things from you, but I'm going to need that magic key" Red Son said before his hand was engulfed in flames. The key was also surrounded by flames, and flew into Red Son's waiting hand. "Yoink. So long Noodle Boy! Random Girl!" He said before taking off in a getaway car, laughing at his victory.

"Oh no! The key!" MK cried. "If that thing's in his hands, then it obviously does not spell out good news!" Jiang said. She looked over as Mei out her fingers to her mouth and whistled, and her trusty motorbike came around, practically appearing out of thin air.

She took off, and left Jiang and MK behind, which he was not happy about. "No Mei, it's all good. Me and Jiang definitely don't want a ride. It's totally fine" MK said in a slight whining voice. "Oh come on, quit your whining. If we hurry, we can catch up soon enough. Now let's get going" Jiang said, summoning the staff before she crouched down a bit, her back facing her brother.

"Aw, I don't like this form of travel. It always makes me feel queasy" MK whined before he hopped onto his sister's back. Holding on the the staff, Jiang began launching herself and MK into the air, going over streets and rooftops until, "There they are!" MK cried, leaning over so much that Jiang almost lost her hold.

The two landed on the ground in an alleyway. "MK! You almost made me lose my-oh no" Jiang started to say before realizing the staff was glowing a bit brighter than it had been. The weapon suddenly extended, becoming very long, very fast, which launched both kids high into the air.

They landed between two people, who Jiang assumed were lovers. "Sorry! Staff acting up problems!" She cried, not seeing the crater she and her brother had just made, before they were launched away again, this time going back to where they came from. Jiang spotted Red Son as she and her brother came down, and they shared a look, seeming to have a silent conversation before they both nodded, having come to an agreement on what to do.

Holding the staff together, Jiang and MK made the staff grow wider, and they hit the front of Red Son's vehicle, which threw both him and the key forward and into the pavement of the road. "I'll take that" Jiang said as she landed, grabbing the key. The strange, unexplainable feeling came back the second she touched it, but this time, she did her best to ignore it.

"So, looks like you've reached the end of the line Red Son" MK said with a light smirk as Mei joined them. "What were you even going to do with this thing anyway?" Jiang asked. "Why spoil the surprise?" Iron Fan asked, startling everyone from her sudden appearance on a low set roof top.

"Now hand the key over and quit wasting my time" she said. "We aren't wasting your time. You chose to be here woman" Jiang told her, crossing her arms with a light smirk appearing on her face. Iron Fan's smile faded as the realization dawned on her that she had just been sassed by a nineteen year old girl. After getting the staff back when MK handed it over to her, Jiang and Mei attacked Iron Fan, who blocked all of their attacks and after a minute, threw them both into a wall.

Jiang lost her grip on the key as her back slammed against the wall, she was pretty sure she heard a light cracking sound, and Red Son wasted no time in grabbing it and heading over to his mother. Who then teleported herself and her son away with a gust of wind. "See you losers!" Jiang heard Red Son shout before the wind faded away, revealing a successful escape.

"Did they get away with the key?!" Mei cried as she pushed a piece of rubble off of her. "Yeah, but what I can't figure out is, why" MK told her. Jiang looked at him and Mei. "A key that can open any door is both incredibly dangerous and incredibly powerful. We have to keep on the lookout for anything, and everything"