Dumpling Destruction

Nowadays, Jiang never really knew what to expect when she walked through the door to Pigsy's Noodles. Today, she walked in on Mei taking pictures of MK while he was mopping the floors. Shaking her head at the scene, she walked up to the counter.

"Just some crispy noodles to go. I got some people to meet up with here in a bit" Jiang said, lightly tapping her fingers on the counter. "Oh? Not gonna have anything special for today?" Tang asked. "I mean, it is your twenty-ith birthday after all" he added.

"Tang, you know how I feel about my birthdays" Jiang said as she handed some money over in exchange for the crispy noodles. "Still, it's not every year that you turn twenty" Tang said. Jiang shrugged a bit before pushing some noddles into her mouth.

"Well, my friends told me that their bring me to the bar to celebrate today, so, I guess that's something" she said through her mouth full of food. "You feeling alright kid?" Pigsy asked. Jiang looked over at MK to see him looking confused.

And his eyes were glowing gold. "Looks likes it's just some more mystic monkey business. You know how it is these days. Welp, thanks for the food Pigsy. I'm out!" She said, walking out of the shop and down the street. She finished up her noodles and tossed the trash away in a bin.

Then she began to feel, strange, everything became tinted in gold, and she heard a faint voice that seemed to by growing louder. Darting into a nearby alleyway, Jiang focused a bit on the voice. "Hey, kiddo, can you hear me? Hellooo? Wukong to Jiang?" Wukong's voice said, starting out soft and echoing a bit before getting louder and more clear.

Then, the gold tinted version of Wukong appeared in front of Jiang. "Wukong!" She cried with a smile, thoroughly delighted to see him, even if he wasn't actually there. "Hey, there you are! Oh good, your not dead yet either. That's a relief" Wukong said.

"Really? How do you know I'm not actually dead? For all you know, you could be talking to my ghost" Jiang said, crossing her arms and jutting her hip out a bit. "That would be very true. If astro-projection actually worked on dead people" Wukong retaliated. "Huh, touche" Jiang said.

"Besides, a little telepathic communication never really hurt anybody. I think" The Great Sage said. "I heard that last bit. But how are things in your end?" Jiang said, leaning forward a little. "Oh, everything's fine. Well, mostly fine. So, listen. We have a bit of a problem" Wukong told her.

"Wukong, every time you say that, it's ends up being some big thing that-" Jiang said before she was cut off by someone screaming, "What the hell is that?!". Peeking out of the alleyway, Jiang spotted what looked to be a giant dumpling falling through the sky.

"Wukong, what did you do?" Jiang asked, looking over her shoulder to glare at him. "So, me and the boys got into a bit of a food fight up here in the Celestial Realm. Long story shirt, I need you and your brother to handle the tiny itty bitty giant dumpling before it falls to Earth and destroys everything" Wukong hastily explained. "Oh, yeah, sounds oh so easy" Jiang said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I mean, I probably have something that could help you guys out back at my place. Anyway, I gotta go, so, believe in yourself and you can do anything. And happy twenty-ith birthday. Okay byyyeee!" Wukong said before he ended the astro-projection. "Hey wait a minute, I never told you when my birthday was!" Jiang called out before she sighed. Then she went off to find MK.

She found him huddled together with the others. "What are you guys doing?" She asked, startling everyone. "Oh, Jiang! Great, your here" MK said before he pulled her into the huddle.

"Alright, this will undoubtedly be our most perilous mission of all time. A journey to the room where Monkey King keeps all his junk, to find, uh, something, and stop the Celestial dumpling from destroying the world. And there is only one person with the smarts, the bravery, and the heroically awesome hair to be my wingman on this mission of certain death" MK said. "Dude, I don't know who is worse between you and Tang when it comes to adding drama to something" Jiang said. "Hey! But I mean it's me who he talking about, right?" Tang asked.