Revenge of The Spider Queen

"You know, I must say. This, is a lot easier than all your other training sessions. I've barely broken a sweat" Jiang said as she blocked one of Wukong's kicks with the staff. Today, it was her turn to actually fight while MK sat off to the side. "A battle is no place to be arrogant Jiang. You gotta stay humble" Wukong told her before flipping off the staff.

"Ohoho, aren't you one to talk?" Jiang asked as she jumped and tried to slam the staff down. Wukong jumped backwards, and she was pleased to see that her strategy was working. She planned to corner the guy in the edge of the cliff that wasn't too far away.

And that's exactly what happened. Wukong looked just the slightest but surprised, but it was enough to make Jiang laugh a little. "You got this Jiang!" MK cheered from the sidelines.

"Oh I know" Jiang replied before she jumped up with the intention of hitting Wukong. She blanched a bit at the sight of Wukong's smirk. Then he jumped and firmly set his foot against his end of the staff.

"Your sure about that?" He asked before giving a hard kick, which flung the staff into the rock behind her. The pieces that were dislodged landed on the girl, making MK wince and panic a bit. "...Ow" Jiang's muffled and slightly frustrated voice came from the rocks, which calmed MK down for some reason

Jiang let out a slightly frustrated groan. She had been so close! She should've payed more attention to her surroundings.

"Okay, class commensing" she heard Wukong's voice say before feeling his tail wrap around her waist. He pulled her out and set her in her feet. "How'd I win?" He asked, and MK raised his hand a bit.

"Yes MK?" Wukong asked. "You buried her under a rock slide" MK said. "Yes, but, why were you standing in the way of a rock slide?" Wukong asked Jiang this time.

"Cause you put me there!" Jiang cried before Wukong ruffled her hair. "Nononono. I got you where I wanted you, by putting you where you wanted me. It's called, misdirection" Wukong said as Jiang fixed her hair, putting her hair sticks back up in her hair. "Seems like a shady lesson" MK stated.

"Too soon buddy" Wukong told him. MK groaned as he fell back. "We're never going to be as good as you, are we?" Jiang asked as she sat down to rub at her ankle, which had been pinned between two rocks.

"Tch, not with that attitude. Class dismissed!" Wukong told them. MK jumped up. "Yes! Jiang, we better hit it. We were supposed to meet Mei and the others for-" MK was cut off by a pillow hitting his face.

Jiang looked over to see Wukong making all sorts of things. "Whoa. How long have you been preparing this?" MK asked. "Come on. It's New Years kiddos. Let's watch the fireworks." Wukong said, patting the spaces next to him.

Jiang smiled a bit and started walking towards him, before MK grabbed her wrist. "What about our friends?" He asked. "I think they'll be able to handle one New Years day without us. Besides, Wukong's been living here , essentially alone, for a long time now. Don't get me wrong MK, I love hanging out with our friends, but, wouldn't it be a little more meaningful to spend the day with someone who's never had any company for it?" Jiang said.

MK thought for a couple seconds, then let go of Jiang's wrist with a sigh. He joined his sister as she walked over, and sat down beside Wukong, who gave them a smile, which Jiang returned. She saw something flash in Wukong's eyes, but it disappeared as soon as it came.

"So, anybody have any new years resolutions?" He asked, pulling a container of food towards himself. "Oh hell no. I gave up on those ten years ago" Jiang said. "How come?" MK asked her, biting into a dumpling.

"I could never get around to completing my resolutions" Jiang told him, making him and Wukong chuckle. It was funny, because it was very relatable. "Well, what about you guys? And resolutions to make or complete?" She asked, taking up some sweet treats.